Chapter 8

Aelin~

The last thing I remember was being wrapped in Rowans arms then I woke up in my bedroom back at the castle with Rowan in the corner nervously pacing back and forth.

"Rowan" I croaked my voice sore from not using it for a while.

His head snapped up and he came over to the side of our bed "how are you doing fireheart" he asked while stoking my hair.

"I'm fine but somehow my power is back and I don't think I can control it" I told him. 

"What should we do" he asked.

"Until I gain my control back I need some type of iron to stop it from getting out of control and hurting someone." I said.

"Also I don't know how but the fire brought back the scars Maeve took away and it hurts like hell when it came over me I'm pretty sure that the pain was from all of the scars coming back it was like experiencing the pain I got from them all over again" I added while hanging on Rowan.

Sam~ 

Celeana and the strange men are all that have filled my thoughts during the last few days.

It seems like no one knew what happened to her because anytime I asked someone if they knew how they were doing they would give me a confused look then shake their heads and walk away.

One day while I was walking down to the infirmary to see if they had any new information on her well being I spotted Celeana.

She was talking to a random lord once he left I called her name and started to walk over to her she did't.

"Celeana!" I yelled as I pulled her in for a hug.

After a minute I pulled back and looked for any injuries she might have sustained from the fire. 

But the injury's she had on her were not burn scars "How to you not have burn scars" I asked.

"We have some of the best healers in the world all the way from the Tore Cesme" she said.

Then I noticed something "What are all these scars from" I asked my voice shaking as I held her arm up. 

She gave me a sad smile and sighed "Sam after you were locked up I was sent to Endoiver for a year" she told me.

I stood frozen unable to move "You got sent to Endoiver because of me" I finally said my voice barley above a whisper.

She grabbed both of my hands "Sam you are the reason I survived every day I said to myself, My name is Celeana Sardorthian and I will not be afraid the same words got me through everything the past two years" she said honestly.

I had no words so I just pulled her into a hug I knew there was more to the story because some of those scars weren't from a slave camp or battle but I knew that once she was ready she would open up to me. 

Aelin~ 

After staying in my bedroom for the past few days I wanted to get out so I decided to go to the library along the way I ran into a Lord who had a few questions. 

Once he left I heard someone call a name but I assumed it was for someone else in the hall until Sam ran up yelling me name and pulled me into a hug. 

He asked how I was doing and I told him the truth until he asked where me scars came from then I told him about Endoiver and reassured him that he was the reason I survived.

While we talked I crossed my fingers hoping that he would't take notice to the iron cuff around my wrist or if he did he would believe that it was just decorative not necessary. 

The constant drum of magic begging to be let out was painfull even in my human form but I could take it if it meant that I would't accidentally hurt someone I just could't show Sam the pain that I was hiding. 

"Why don't we go to the library and talk" I suggested. 

He agreed so we walked to the Library in silence.

The whole walk a question was brewing in my mind so the second we sat down I asked "Sam where did Arobryn keep you locked up?"

"Oh he just had me in the cells at the Assassins Keep" he replied casually.

But this revelation brought upon a wave of guilt "So when we went to visit him you were just under our feet" I asked afraid of his answer.

But instead he responded with a question "Who do you mean by we?".

And without thinking I replied "Well Rowan, Aedion, and I Arobryn wanted to turn me into his mindless servant".

Then I realized my mistake when I saw the look on Sam's face "I'm going to need a bit of a explanation" he said.

Shit I thought.

It was a mission from the queen to retrieve something he stole from her family a long time ago.

He said he would return it if they brought him a live valg infested human so they asked me to do it.

I figured out the reason he wanted it was so he could put the ring that kept the demon in the person body on me so that he could control me so I switched the ring out before we went there to deliver it" I explained while silently patting my self on the back for thinking of such a good cover story. 

Sam seemed to accept the story and was about to ask another question when Aedion burst through the door "Aelin the surviving Irontooth witches are here and they want to see blood" he said as he panted. 

So with out even glancing at Sam I ran out after Aedion discarding my iron cuff as I ran.

Until next time peace out!