chapter 12

changbin and jisung both sat at the dinner table, not a word was being said and the sun was already saying goodnight. but what would one talk about during this time? they were rather expecting a phone call from the local police with a twist or even a call from minho when he hears the news as well.
and jisung's phone did ring, his hands were shaking when he picked up the phone.
"han jisung? we have some news.. bang chan was murdered, it wasn't a suicide. after doing an autopsy, it appeared he was choked to death."  the boy remained silent, his mouth dropping open. another murder? it finally hit him.
"thank you, sir. have a nice evening."  he spoke quietly, putting the phone down.
"chan was murdered. i just know minho did it, channie warned me for this."  he swallowed hard, quickly standing up.
"changbin hyung, drive me to the police station. now." 

minho on the other hand was listening to his boyfriend's conversation.
"arent you a smart little boy, huh? lying about family.. i wonder who this changbinnie is. and how long he can survive, trying to escape from my hands. but you disappoint me, jisung... betraying your boyfriend like that."  he shook his head, kicking his feet up with a small sigh.
"he doesn't have proof anyway.."  he grinned to himself, closing his eyes with a small smile.
"i simply have to eliminate that boy and he's all mine again." 
it sounded like an easy plan, but the two could already be ahead of him. luckily, he did save changbin's address in his GPS, he didn't have to doxx him this time.
"long live the king in this game of chess!"  the male laughed out. 

the police instantly took jisung to a private room where he could talk about what happened between him and minho. he rambled all about the abuse and rape along with the fact that he thinks he killed felix, hyunjin and chan because they were all close to him or touched him in his sight. he spat out everything he remembered and the cops wrote it down. he felt useful for once but he simply wanted his heart to stop aching. he went through a lot and he just wanted a moment of peace. a moment where he can take a deep breath in without having to worry about suffocating. a moment where he can sit down and enjoy the fact that he's a fighter and always will be one. he wanted to run through a flower field with the gummy smile that used to be plastered on his face. he wanted to be him.
"thank you for all this information, jisung.. we're so sorry that you've been going through all of this. but receiving what you just told confirms that lee minho is our main suspect here. he was last seen with every single victim before their death and since everyone was somehow related to you, we guessed that he had been committing the murders. there was just no evidence. people are currently investigating chan's house, even if it's for a single hair. we will inform you once we know more. you're dismissed."  they gave him a little pat on the shoulder, letting the boy out.
changbin hugged him tightly, rubbing over his back with a small smile. he was proud of the younger and him finally opening up about the series of events that happened between him and his boyfriend.
the two drove back to the bin's house and even though they were sad about their friend, they felt safe together. like nothing could go wrong anymore.
except, jisung felt like he had to do one more thing. when they arrived at a red light, he suddenly spoke up.
"hyung. bring me to my house. im breaking up with minho. i realised someone else is better for me." 

changbin did as asked and drove to jisung's house. the boy took one deep breath as he got out of the car. he stepped to the front door, opening it with his key before calling out.
"Minnie? im home to tell you something important."  he tried his back to keep his voice stable as minho walked to the front door.
"minho.. we're over. i don't love you anymore." the younger shrugged, turning his back to his now ex-boyfriend, leaving the house. the other male just stood there, baffled by the guts that the younger suddenly had.
"seems like your queen is still standing, jisung.." he groaned out, watching the car drive away.
"but you only play checkers."  he slammed the door close, scoffing to himself as he grabbed everything he needed

the other two boys were back home quickly, the younger one immediately jumped into the other's buffs arms.
"i did it! i did it!" he giggled, staring into the male's eyes with a smile. It's been one hell of a rollercoaster but this is it. he will finally be at peace, especially once minho was in jail.
"so much happened, i don't even know how to express myself anymore, binnie. i want to cry and scream but i also want to celebrate.." he sighed, feeling his body go weak at the gentle touches of his friend.
"but ill be fine as long as you're here with me."

"i will never leave you, i will always protect you, sung. no matter what." 
the two just stared at each other, lost in reality but happy to be with each other. this is what happiness feels like. being surrounded by someone that actually loves you and having that feeling of protection. this is all that jisung ever wanted.
although, the peace was quickly interrupted when the door swung open and it revealed an angry minho with a bat and a broken door handle.
"you suck at chess, jisung-ah.."