Poor Unfornate Souls

Back with Seth, the merman was being escorted to his grotto with Haven and Breanna. "Oh, what's with all the secrets?" the merman badgered, the surprise slowly making him impatient.

"We're almost there," Breanna reassured as Haven lifted the boulder that blocked the entrance and swam inside.

"And now here you are!" Haven exclaimed.

Seth gasped in shock at seeing what his friends had brought him: 

Caleb's statue, still in tact. 

"Oh, you two are the best!" Seth said as he hugged the mermaid and dolphin before turning his attention to the statue. "It almost looks like him..." Seth said dreamily.

"Why Caleb! Run away with you?" Seth joked as if the statue was actually Caleb, "Why all of this, its so sudden... Of course!" Seth swam around as if he was dancing in his delightful attitude.

But that came to a stop when he saw his dad at the entrance of his grotto.

"Dad!"

Haven and Breanna hid in fear. Seth stood out in the open as Poseidon's eyes harden on his own son. Seth noticed an ashamed Josh cowering behind his father's tail fins and felt betrayed. The crab had told his dad where he was and found out about all the human stuff he had collected. Seth became more fearful as Poseidon motioned towards him, his grip on the trident tighter than he thought was possible.

"Dad..." Seth began, "I can ex-"

"I consider myself a reasonable merman," the sea king ignored his son. His tone was fulled with anger and so cold that could send shivers down a shark's scales. "I set certain rules and I expect those rules to be obeyed without question. I don't expect anyone, especially my own son to disobey them!"

Seth made an effort to defend himself, "But Dad, I-"

"Is it true you rescued a human from drowning?" Poseidon interrupted again, his voice still hard.

"I had to." Seth claimed.

"No, you chose to. And broke the most important law of our kingdom. Contact between humans and merpeople is forbidden! Seth, you know that! Everyone knows that!" Poseidon stressed.

"I couldn't just let him die!" Seth shouted.

"One less human to worry about!" Poseidon retorted.

"You don't even know him!" Seth shot back.

"Know him?! I don't have to know him! They are all the same! Spineless, savage, harpooning fish-eaters, incapable of any feeling..."

This made Seth boil. All from one human interaction and he assumes they are the same. At this point it was the same old argument Seth had over and over again.

"Dad, I love him!" Seth shouted before holding his hands over his mouth and hid behind his crush's statue. Josh bit his lip in fear, Breanna and Haven shared the same reaction, all wishing Seth had not just said that. But the damage was already done.

"No..." the sea king was at lost for words, putting together what his son had just said. "Have you completely lost your senses?! He's a human, you're a merman!"

"I don't care," Seth stubbornly said, not even looking at his dad.

"So help me, Seth! I'm going to get through to you!" Poseidon roared, his trident glowing, "And if this is the only way- so be it."

Poseidon began to fire away at Seth's collection, fueled by anger and rage. Breanna, Haven, and Josh swam away to avoid being blasted by the legendary Atlantean weapon, but Seth watched in horror as everything he found was destroyed. Seth made a break to stop his father from destroying everything, but that left something wide open.