The Storm

The sun had gone down, now the moon was shining. Seth popped out of the water, pushing some hair back from his head and saw the yacht from before.

There seemed to be a celebration going on. Fireworks were lit and shot into the air. Music was being played. And Seth immediately wanted to know more.

"Seth!" Josh hissed as he appeared, "What in Neptune's blazes are you thinking!" before jumping at the sound of explosions. Seth didn't hear him and swam towards the vessel.

He secretly climbed up to a perch and noticed about ten men on board. Some were playing instruments and some were dancing. There was also a four legged creature that Seth remembered Marcus called a dog. The German Shepherd was having the time of her life, playing with the humans before she started to sniff around.

Seth became startled as the dog began to sniff toward his direction. The merman placed himself with his back against the exterior, hoping the dog wouldn't notice him. Taking a small peak to make sure the dog is gone...

He came face to face with the German Shepherd. She gave the merman a lick, which caused the receiver to giggle a bit.

"Zoe! Here girl! *whistle*"

The canine turned and faced the call, abandoning her new discovery for her owner. The dog immediately began to jump up and down, licking her owner nonstop. Seth quietly made his way back to his position and saw the owner of the dog.

He was a young adult like him with brown hair and eyes. Along his face were freckles. He wore a white dress shirt, jeans, a red scarf around his waist, and black boots. Seth secretly blushed at his appearance.

The merman knew all about Prince Caleb... well at least of his appearance. He knew he had a dog now, but this was the first time he had seen him interact with her, from what Caleb said. Seth just watched as the human prince pulled out a flute and began to play it.

"Woah! Quite the show, sweetie!" Marcus said, flying down to Seth's level. "Marcus, keep it down," Seth hissed, "You'll blow our cover."

"Oh, being sneaky are we?" The pelican said before eyeing what Seth was watching. Breanna and Haven made their way over to the vessel. "So what's the story with this one?" Haven asked. "It's Caleb," Seth said dreamily. "Oh boy," Breanna groaned. "Who is this 'Caleb' character?" Josh asked.

"His crush," Haven and Breanna both teased.

"Ugh," Seth let out, "I wish."

"What?! You have a crush on a human of all things?!" Josh let out, clearly shocked at the recent information.

"It's not a crush," Seth admitted, "it's just he's so handsome, cute, charming," the merman began to list every good detail he knew about the human, much to the amusement of his friends and to a lesser extent, Josh's fear.

"Alright, alright, everyone piped down,' Alex announced. "If I could have your attention, please. It's my honor to present to the prince, Caleb, a grand present I hope he will enjoy greatly."

"Awe, Alex," Caleb smiled, "You shouldn't have." "Oh but of course, I had too," Alex boasted. "Happy Birthday, Caleb."

A drape was dropped and revealed a grand marble statue of Caleb dressed as a knight. The sailors and Caleb looked in displeasure, some even getting a few pity claps, as Zoe just snarled at the statue.

"Goodness. Um... Alex it's... it's," Caleb paused, trying to find the right words to describe the statue, "... it's really something. "Thank you," Alex accepted the praise, "although I had hoped it might be a wedding present."

Seth froze at that. Caleb? Married?!

"Ugh, here we go again," Caleb groaned. "Look, as your best friend and advisor, I think you should end up with the one. Even your father thought so on his deathbed," Alex reminded him.