Where I Belong

Miles away from the sunken city and above the surface is where the merman of the hour was. Seth was currently admiring the sky as he was perched on a nearby rock.

Seth is the youngest of Poseidon's children, and the only boy. He was quite handsome with his blue tail fin, black hair with blue highlights he had dyed himself, black eyes, light skin features, and a smile that could melt any heart. And since he was above the water, you could see gills on his neck along with a necklace that was made of aquamarine. Seth also had the most magnificent singing voice in the entire kingdom. He considered it a blessing and one of the few remainders of his mother. He was quite adventurous and very neat when it comes to his room.

As Seth looked to the sky, he frowned at the mentioning of the most sacred law. Contact with the human world was forbidden. And honestly, Seth found that law ridiculous. This law all started because of his mother's death. A pirate ship had invaded their cove one time. Seth and the girls were just children when it happened. The pirate ship collided with his mother as she tried to help a mermaid who's tail fin got caught underneath a boulder.

Seth, while it was forbidden, was still interested in the human world. They weren't all bad from the looks of it. And they were like them in a similar way. Curiosity must have been a common nature. Seth stretched himself out and gazed to the horizon of the sea before singing.

"This is where I belong
Beneath the clear wide blue here!
I feel completely free
It's like all my life has been wrong
And somehow, now, at last I'm in
My own skin
Up here in the world above!"

Seth always felt the human world is like the second home he could have, but Atlantis was his true and first home. He was a prince, constantly trying to make his father happy. Sure, he is a bit of a scatterbrain at times, but he still tries. Sometimes, he felt like a disappointment to him, though. He expects all these huge achievements but he's only one person and he has his own hobbies and personality.

"There's so much light up here
Light and space
The sun's so bright here
Upon my face!
It feels so right here
Warm as love
Life seems to be
Almost calling to me
From this strange new world above!"

Seth reached his hand out, feeling the warmth along his skin. He felt free up here, rather than down in the sea. His true home felt like a cage at times, restricting him from his curiosity. The human world had so much to offer, what was so wrong about that? Sure not all humans are good as some are bad, but Seth wanted to know more. He wanted to be with them.

"Seth!" "Hey, Seth!"

Two voices caused Seth to cease his daydreaming and singing. The two voices belong to his two best friends, Haven and Breanna. Haven is a light skin mermaid with a maroon shark tail, black braided hair, and amber eyes. Breanna, on the other hand, is a Bottlenose dolphin. Seth has known them since his birth.

"Daydreaming again?" Breanna teased.

"Maybe," Seth secretly blushed before shifting his position on the rock, "anyways, what's this surprise you mentioned."

"Always to the point," Haven joked, before diving underwater. Breanna and Seth followed afterwards, making a splash as they did.

The three friends made their way to a ship graveyard, where Seth loved to hang out and discover human stuff. He had brought a small pouch for carrying items. "Hmmmm, that one looks new," Seth pointed out. Breanna noticed it too, "Yeah, I think that one was recent."

Haven, on the other hand, was more scared when it came to adventures like these. They always unnerved her and a sense of dread lurked around every one of these sunken ships. "Yyyyyeah, they're all nice. Welp, time to head back!" Haven hastily said, ready to leave.