vacation

WORD COUNT | 983
tysm to one of my coolest insta friends -- vhqcksr for the request!! 

my family and i were on a vacation in oceanside california. we had come for about a week, and it was the final day of our vacation before we left the next day.  so to end it all off, we decided to spend one last day at the beach.

when we arrived, the beach looked to be very crowded, but we eventually found a spot in the sand to spread out our towels and set everything down. 

i found a place in the water a little farther than where we set our stuff up because it was less crowded, and hopped into the water.

it was a super hot day and the water felt super refreshing. i stayed in the water for a while, closing my eyes at one point, and then all of a sudden i felt myself struggling to swim and keep myself up.

i found it hard to get above to water and i was taking so much in. i wasn't able to speak and i was afraid that i was going to drown, until someone grabbed me and pulled me up. 

"oh shit yo guys this girl looks like she was drowning!" i heard the voice say as they carried me out of the water.

the next thing i knew, i opened my eyes to find a group of people surrounding me. "guys looks she is awake-" it was the same voice that i had heard earlier, except now i knew what the person looked like.

it was a boy. he had dirty blonde hair and tattoos. he wore blue swim trunks and had some necklaces and chains hanging from his neck. he looked down on me. "i saw you drowning in the water" he told me. "are you okay?"

i sat up and coughed out some water. "yeah. thank you so much." i looked at the boy. he was really handsome. what the hell was a handsome boy doing saving me in the water? it was almost like something out of a movie. "what's your name?" i asked.

"no problem." he answered. "and it's vinnie." he must've saw me looking around at the rest of the people who were watching us. "oh and these are my friends." he pointed to them. "mia, kouvr, alex, jett, jack, thomas."

they all smiled at me and seemed super friendly. "aw nice to meet you guys, i'm y/n." while i was introducing myself, i saw vinnie staring at me. i tried to ignore him, but his eyes were on me. 

he tapped me on the shoulder. "so, do you maybe wanna hang out with us?" he asked. the expression on his face was basically begging for me to say yes. i couldn't say no to him, after all he did save me from possibly dying.

"of course." i replied. i went back to tell my parents that i would be with them for the rest of the day and that i would find a way back to the hotel after i was finished hanging out with them. they were very hesitant at first to letting me be around these people that i had just met, but i assured them that i would be fine and i convinced them.

i had fun with vinnie and his friends for the rest of the day. we went swimming, made fun tiktoks, and sat around in the beautiful beachhouse that they had rented out for the weekend. it was probably the most fun i had in a while, and they were super welcoming into letting me join them. it was almost like we had been friends for a long time.

the person who really stood out to me was vinnie. i couldn't help but stare at him at the beach with the sun shining on his beautiful complexion. he was very funny and had a great sense of humor, but at the same time he was super sweet and kind. 

everyone else seemed to disappear from the living room or be asleep, so i went out to the balcony and just enjoyed the sound of the waves rolling back and forth in the ocean. it was already dark out and i took my phone out to check the time. it was already midnight.

as i was about to turn around and leave, i saw vinnie coming in my direction.

"i should probably get going." i told him. "my parents are probably wondering where i am. i'll just call an uber or something."

"no don't i can take you home." he said. "hey i had a really nice time with you today, thanks for drowning, otherwise i probably would've never met you." he had a sweet smile on his face.

"of course. i had a great time too." i told him. "so you wanna come around more often? the others really seemed to like you too." he looked so good under the moonlight.

i was about to answer with a yes, but that's when i remembered that i was here on a vacation. that realization made me really sad. i probably wasn't going to hang out with them anytime soon, or ever.

"um there might be a problem with that because i don't live here. im from another state im just here on a vacation with my family." i explained to him. "otherwise i would hang out with you everyday."

he looked disappointed and the look of his facial expression shifted. "oh." was all that was able to come out of his mouth. "well if thats the case..."

he leaned over and kissed me. everything about it seemed to be so magical. by the ocean adn under the moonlight, and with a very pretty boy. he pulled away and smiled and so did i. 

"i hope i'll see you again someday. text me everyday, i don't want to forget you."

"me either. i promise you won't."