dare pt 2

WORD COUNT|703
part 2 to the previous imagine!

Y/N'S POV.

it was now around 2am and people were finally starting to leave the party.

i had to go find vinnie so that we could talk, but i found that reggie was lying down on the living room floor. he looked lime he was passed out. he was definitely drunk.

"just leave him there." i heard someone say behind me. "he's drunk so there's no use."

i turned around to see vinnie standing there. he looked down at his brother.

"so..." he started to say.

"we can talk here. its fine." i assured him. "reggie won't hear a word."

we had barely spoken a word to each other since after we kissed during that truth or dare game about an hour ago. things were already starting to feel awkward between us.

"vinnie, didn't we agree to just forget about it so it wouldn't become awkward." i reminded him.

he bit his lip. "yeah i know, that's actually what i wanted to talk about y/n."

"what?" i asked.

he scratched the back of his neck as if he was nervous.

"well i just thought i would ask. did that kiss mean anything to you?"

his question completely came out of nowhere and i was not expecting him to say something like that.

"well um... i did like it." i answered to him honestly. "plus, i had a crush on you for a little while when me and your brother first became friends."

it seemed so long ago. i remember becoming friends with reggie and meeting vinnie for the first time. i thought he was so cute and i always have. but for obvious reasons, i couldn't tell reggie that.

then vinnie moved to a new house, and i never saw him again for a little while.

"oh really?" he said with a surprise expression on his face. "cause what i wanted to tell you was that i really liked that kiss...and i was wondering. are those feelings still there? do you like me?"

i didn't really know exactly what to say, so i just let whatever my thoughts were in my head out.

"well the thing is, i never really stopped liking you vinnie." i explained. "it's just that i was best friends with your brother and i convinced myself that i didn't like you, when i did. then you moved away."

"yeah same. i always thought you were cute. you would come over to hang out with reggie, and i would try to get myself to talk to you, but i couldn't because of this dude."

he laughed as he pointed to a still drunk reggie on the floor. "i couldn't do it to him at the time, because he had just finally found you as a friend."

so i guess we both liked each other but it was wrong timing and it didn't seem like it was going to work. i was kind of shocked.

i never thought in a million years that vinnie would actually like me. i thought he always thought of me as y/n, his little brother's dumb friend. but i was wrong.

"so what now?" i asked. i didn't know what was going to happen between the both of us now.

he shrugged. "i don't know. you think it would hurt him?"

it probably would but i knew he would eventually get over it at some point. reggie wasn't one to stay mad at me for too long.

"yeah it would." i said. "i mean, this was so out of nowhere and sudden. so it wouldn't surprise me."

he nodded his head in agreement.

"how about we get some time to think about it?" he suggested. "so we can actually explain this all to him when he's sober."

that was a great idea. i didn't want to push this all to my best friend so soon, because vinnie was his brother.

"yes that sounds good." i replied. "but just know that i do really like you vinnie."

"me too y/n." he grabbed me in and planted a kiss on my lips. it felt just as great as last time.