12|The End

Lets be honest. None of us expected the summer of 96' to end the way it did. It ended with new-found friendships, really weird handshakes, pranks, third-wheeling, skating, drawing, and a letter.

Yeah, a letter.

From whom, you may ask.

Guess you gotta keep reading to figure that out.

~~~ ~~~ ~~~

DING DONG

Cassie groaned as she finished jamming her clothes into her suitcase, getting ready for her next year at Eden Hall.

"Cassiopeia, can you get the door, please!?" Her father yelled from downstairs, he was probably too lazy to get the door himself.

Cassie made her way downstairs, jumping off the second to last step. She walked passed the couch her dad was sitting on, and walked to the door.

As soon as she opened the door, a familiar red-headed boy pulled her outside.

"Ahoy there." Cassie greeted, used to his antics.

"Its our last day here before we have to go back to school so lets go do something fun!" Les rushed out as he pulled her to God knows where.

Cassie just sighed and let him pull her wherever.

~~~ ~~~ ~~~

They eventually made it to the destination. Les had decided to drag her to Goldberg's family restaurant.

"What do you want to do here, exactly?" Cassie asked as they waited for a place to sit. "Do you even have money to pay for food, because i dont-?"

"1. Eat, duh. 2. Yes i have money. But dont get anything expensive..." Les replied when the waiter led them to a booth.

"We could of hung out with the others, you know."

"I know but i wanted to just hang out with you. Plus we could hang with them on the weekends at Eden Hall." Les replied, red slightly growing on his cheeks.

"Look at you being soft!" Cassie messed with him a little.

"Shut up and find some food."

~~~ ~~~ ~~~

After eating, they walked around for a while, but Cassie remembered she should get home before her parents think someone kidnapped her.

As usual, her dad showed almost zero expression when she returned home. Her mom, however, showed a bit concern but was also laid-back. She just asked where she was and who she was with.

Before Cassie had the chance to get upstairs, her mom informed her that there was a letter adressed to "Cassiopeia Lloyd".

Its safe to say that Cassie was confused. Was it from school? Did everyone from Eden Hall get a letter? Nonetheless, she went over to where her mom was pointing and picked up the letter. Not sparing it a single glance as she made her way upstairs and to her room.

The End.

~Dwayne R.
      Austin, Texas.

Oh.

~~~ ~~~ ~~~
456 words*
Well hello there, Cowboy!
~Pey<3