Chapter 102

T/N: Welcome to Ayun's story! Additional note, this chapter opens with Ayun escaping from Li Han's grasp.

It had just rained last night, the muddy water splashed the wheels as it drove by the path.

With a sound, the carriage almost hit the big rock in front of it, and Ayun woke up from sleeping all night behind the carriage. Her back was aching and she couldn't help but let out an ouch.

Shen Yan's eyes went cold as he quietly put the dagger around his waist, and then ordered the coachman to stop the carriage.

Ayun was bewildered. Her heart beat very fast. She thought that the carriage was stopped by Li Han. She shook her body and tried her best to shrink herself into a small ball, closed her eyes, and dared not to look out.

If Li Han caught her this time, she really wouldn't be able to live.

Shen Yan appeared quietly behind the carriage. He pulled the drive board and saw a person curling up.

He frowned. The person turned out to be a woman.

Shen Yan's hand that was holding the dagger gradually relaxed. His tone was cold as he asked, "Who are you?"

Ayun tremblingly opened her eyes and looked up at the tall and lean man in front of her. She stuttered, "I, I accidentally climbed up. I just want to sleep...you can rest assured that I will leave immediately."

She hugged the bag in her arms, which contained silver. She climbed out of the carriage and bowed deeply to the man. "Then I'm going."

Shen Yan said coldly, "Where are you going?"

Ayun thought that any place was better as long it was far away from the capital. But, she decided to lie to the man since she had just met him. She coughed twice and said, "I plan to go to the south of the Yangtze River. I heard that there are outstanding people there."

Shen Yan glared at her, "Do you know where it is now?"

Ayun didn't know where it was.

She shook her head honestly.

Shen Yan looked at her face and felt that he had seen her before, but he pressed down his doubts and said, "It's almost at Yumen pass."

Ayun looked up at him with a silly face and asked, "Where is the Yumen pass?"

"..."

***

Shen Yan didn't know why he wanted to bring this unknown woman with him. Maybe it was because she looked familiar.

Although Ayun didn't know where it was, she thought this man looked very reliable and had a face that won't harm people.

However, she did not let go of her guard. She was still carrying the bag of silver when she went to bed at night, for fear that the money would be robbed by others.

If she had no silvers, she had to go back to the palace.

The first night she escaped the palace smoothly, Ayun had a good sleep.

After she stayed with Shen Yan, Ayun found that Shen Yan seemed very busy and often disappeared. Ayun heard people call him with respect.

It turned out that this man was an official.

Ayun usually did not dare to go out casually, for fear of repeating her previous mistakes.

Shen Yan came back before the sky went dark.

Ayun had never seen him come back so early. She showed up in front of him with a cheeky face and asked, "Is the Yumen pass far away from the capital?"