C1 Iridessa Magnolia Cullen

" Iri , come on, Sweety, it's time to go home. Or we'll be late for dinner and Mom would be quite angry with us  ," Rosalie told the little caramel blonde girl with the big topaz coloured eyes ,who was playing on the swing in the park near their house.

Iri, was short for Iridessa the baby girl who had grown up a few years now.

She was five now and real chatter-pot .

Everyone had been surprised when she first opened her eyes and it was the same as theirs.

Carlisle had done some tests and the results had been that that colour was her natural eye colour.

Nobody could say that she isn't Carlisle and Esme's biological child because she had the same eyes as them and her hair was caramel blonde like Esme's .

Nobody had expected that and suspected that was a blessing in disguise.

Although she wasn't as pale as the rest of her family , she was still pale enough to blend in with them whenever they had an outing where she could accompany them .

All the Cullens loved her . Even Alice who no one would've thought would .

Alice would play endless hours of dress up with her and she would never complain .

The teenagers treated her like their very special little sister . Protecting her from everything that could harm her.

Carlisle and Esme loved her like they'd given life to her themselves . Carlisle was a good father and Esme was a good mother. They kissed away her boo-boos and made sure she had everything she needed .

At some nights she would climb onto Carlisle's lap and he would read her a story . But the best stories came from Edward and Jasper .

They didn't read to her . No , they told her made-up stories that they'd created to entertain her .

She absolutely adored it and could never fall asleep without them telling her one .

Emmet on the other hand would help her build pillow forts and small towns for her toy cars ,yes you heard exactly right ,toy cars , and he'd even built her a wooden Barbie doll house that she especially loved . Yeah, Emmet played with her Barbie dolls too , keeping it munchkin friendly otherwise Rosalie would let her wrath rain down on him .

Rosalie was fiercely protective over her innocence , not even a swear word was allowed around her little sister.

Today Rosalie had opted to look after her when everyone else had things to do and that's why they were visiting the park.

They weren't living in that small sleepy town anymore .

They'd moved since then to another bigger town where Carlisle worked at a hospital.

Their house was a little smaller and out of town on a small ranch  that Carlisle had bought .

There were no animals on the ranch. Only them, the people who lived there , and the woods that bordered the ranch.

" Will Mommy really be angry ?", Iridessa asked as she  unwillingly walked over to Rosalie who lifted her up onto her hip .

" Yes, absolutely . You know she hates it when we're late for dinner ."

Iridessa didn't say anything back as she leaned her head on Rosalie's shoulder , while dreaming of mac and cheese that she always begged Esme to make .

The walk to Rosalie's car wasn't long and soon enough they were driving homeward where Emmet waited for them on the front porch .
           ❤️⚡⚡❤️
" She's growing up so fast . Too fast ,if you ask me , Carlisle . We've barely had her as a baby and now she's five ", Esme ranted as she checked the spaghetti sauce .