BRINK OF DEATH

Five years ago on the Cliff

The weather had turned unfavourable. Clouds had shrouded the mountains, blocking the access to sunlight. The men who were ready to get to rescue were all held back. The Oberois were yelping in despair. Even their spear of influence hadn't salvaged the situation. Just as they were racking their brains they heard the sound of chopper. It neared the point of the cliff and touched down.

General Veer Srivastav descended. He looked extremely angry. Voicing out instructions to men that he bought along, he marched towards the Oberois.

None in the picture raised their eyes.

"Shivaay will be rescued but he will not be with that lady again"

Before anyone could react Veer walked away

"Isn't he as good as dead only if this happens" Bhavya yelled

"Isn't he already almost dead" Rudra replied

"Grandpa is right. Shivaay will stay away. I think I had enough of seeing my brother suffering in unreciprocated love" Omkara stated before walking away

"Don't forget Omkara, Anika is pregnant with Shivaay's child" Gauri glowered at her husband's attitude

Both the brothers stopped in their tracks for a moment before replying "Let's think about it if she makes it out alive"

"Are you kidding me? Who dies after falling from a cliff?" Abhay who hurriedly made his way asked as a matter of fact.

Everyone ".." Anyone will

"Canadian troops have conducted a military exercise here last month. The entire area below the cliff was covered to escape surveillance. So if they have used some brains and jumped towards it they wouldn't have even broken a bone " he added

Abhay's statement had perished everyone's fear to an extent. The positivity of hope started to build in everyone's hearts.

Hours later they received news that both of them were rescued and sent to hospital.

The couple hadn't suffered major wounds but since one was pregnant and other had a congenital heart disease. Their condition was declared frail.

Two weeks later Anika woke up. She was only visited by Gauri and Bhavya. They spilled the beans of her pregnancy.

Anika couldn't digest the piece of information. She felt terrible when she reminisced her actions. She couldn't imagine the consequences if she would have succeeded. She couldn't blame anyone else not even Savanah because she was completely herself when she took that decision

"I put two lives at stake"

"No three. Shivaay also followed your suit"

Anika felt like the ground beneath her was snatched away and her whole world came crumbling down in the moment. She felt like dying. Her heart hurt so much after learning all the happenings.

"Shivaay is currently unconscious. Till he wakes up please stabilize your pregnancy"

The CEO took another week to wake up from the trauma. The moment he opened his eyes he questioned about Anika. Only after he was reassured that she was recused did he rest properly.

Later he visited Anika once when she was resting before disappearing from the hospital. He wasn't aware of her pregnancy.

"You have utterly disappointed me Rose. This is the last time I am seeing you, Live well!"