First Fight

Hunter grimaced as they headed out of Cid's office. The mission should be quick, but as Tech had stated, it wouldn't be a breeze. Where they were going was crawling with Imperials. No matter how much Omega would hate it, she was going to have to stay on Ord Mantell. It wasn't that Hunter wanted to leave her alone on some sleazy planet, but it was much safer than where the mission would be taking place. Besides, Cid would look after her. He had started trusting the Trandoshan more everyday, but still would rather Omega stay with them at all costs.

Wrecker and Omega were sitting at the bar eating a large carton of Mantell Mix. Hunter sighed, knowing the smile on the child's face would soon turn into a frown followed by pleas for him to change his mind.

"Hunter," Tech's voice snapped. "We best be going now."

"Right. I'll go tell Wrecker," the Sargent said hesitantly. He felt a pat on his back as Echo passed him.

"Good luck," the reg smirked, obviously being able to tell what was on his mind.

Hunter walked up to the laughing pair, prepared for the argument that awaited.

"Wrecker, it's time for the mission. Head to the ship, I'll be there in a few." Wrecker groaned, taking one last handful of the sugary snack before trudging towards the door, leaving Hunter to deal with Omega alone.

"Where are we going?" Omega asked, her voice full of enthusiasm as she adjusted her bow.

"You will be staying here," he said with an authoritative tone. Just as he expected, her face fell.

"Why? I can be useful!" she protested despite knowing that once Hunter made up his mind it was hard to change it.

Hunter helped her down from the high bar stool. "I'm not doubting your skills, Omega. This mission just isn't safe for you. We'll be back before you know it."

"But-"

"No buts. You're staying." At that moment Cid came into the room. Hunter made eye contact with her, having already discussed that Omega would be hanging back.

"He's right, Tiny. Come on, it's not all bad here," Cid stood beside the Sargent.

Omega gave them both an exaggerated eye roll. "Yes sir," she mumbled to Hunter, stalking away to the other side of the bar.

"Don't worry, Bandana, I'll keep an eye on her."

Still feeling a twinge of guilt, Hunter nodded, giving Omega one last look as he left for the ship port.

Omega angrily threw her bow on one of the tables. It wasn't the first time that she was left behind on missions, but that didn't mean it hurt less when she was.

"I can handle myself just as well as the rest of them," she muttered, leaning her back against the padded bench.

She hated being separated from the batch more than anything, even if they were doing it to protect her.

"Hey, Omega." She looked up to see Cid standing a few feet in front of her. "Quit sulking, I could use some help around here." Cid tossed her a used sponge and pointed to the tables that were in need of some attention.

Omega sighed, going over to one of the tables to begin scrubbing.

After what felt like hours, she finally finished every surface in the parlor. By then night had fallen.

"Go change the sign to closed, Tiny," Cid said without looking up from her sweeping of the room.

Omega slowly walked to the door, opening it. She had never been outside without Hunter or Wrecker with her. The thought gave her chills. She quickly flipped the sign to signal that the parlor was now closed to the public. As she started heading back, she could hear running footsteps from just outside the door. She made the decision to lock it before returning to the main area.