With a few sentences, Annabeth managed to explain why she did not meet the dowager queen when she sent those requests for meetings as well as use the king to mention that Annabeth was held in high regard so the dowager queen could not do anything. Then she had commented on managing the palace attentively to say that she was the one in charge of the budgets and the dowager queen should keep her hands off.

As a last zinger, Annabeth mentioned that the dowager queen had to make an appointment with her to meet instead of demanding to meet her at any time. The dowager queen seemed to fight back turbulent emotions in her eyes and clenched teeth. No doubt this was the woman who must have helped in trying to assassinate the original Kiran princess.

The dowager queen must have finally reached her breaking point. Annabeth saw a mile away about what the dowager queen was going to do when she lifted her hand towards Annabeth's face.

Lucy and Sir Nico both started forward but Annabeth was faster. She stepped backwards and let the former queen's hand swipe the air in front of her face by inches.

"You dare dodge me?" The queen yelled in outrage, nearly stumbling from the swing that had missed.

"Ah, I'm sorry. I should have stayed in my place like a normal person and let my face be slapped. However, I am under physician's orders to not let my body be exerted to duress. I'm sure you understand."

Like hell Annabeth was going to let her face be slapped. The dowager queen was lucky that Annabeth didn't just flip her over her shoulders and slam her onto the ground.

The queen's face contorted slightly at Annabeth's sardonic tone.

"Then, I bid the dowager queen a good afternoon." Annabeth said cheerfully.

************************

Percy had come out to the gardens once he had heard that the Kiran princess had been approached by the dowager queen.

"I apologize. I will make sure that the dowager queen is carefully managed so she does not meet with Her Highness again."

The knight in charge of security at Marigold Palace bowed his head even lower.

"See to it that you do." Percy said coldly.

The knight felt a shiver run down his neck and felt lucky that he managed to keep his head.

But fortunately, the princess seemed to have handled the dowager queen pretty well, even quickly stepping back from the former queen's strike before it could even touch her face. Percy was treated to various expressions of fury on the dowager queen's face that he had not seen since he was titled as crown prince.

"Annabeth," Percy called out. He had to step in before the situation turned worse.

The princess turned. Seeing who it was, a playful smile was on her lips.

"Are you feeling cold?" Percy asked.

"Not at all."

"Don't over exert yourself. These gardens are well-maintained and are refreshing to see. But if there are any critters or insects out of place, feel free to tell the gardener to get rid of them."

Standing some distance away, the dowager queen stiffened before turning around and walking away furiously back towards the direction of Marigold Palace. He had to commend her for holding it together after calling her an insect. After his father's death, the dowager queen's temper had grown worse.

Percy plucked an errant petal that had fallen on the princess' curly hair. She scowled at him.

"The dowager queen already left so you don't have to pretend to be all lovey-dovey."