𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐞𝐞

VALERIE'S POV:

I threw my hair up in a ponytail as I walked onto the field. I met up with the squad and thanked god that everyone was here and ready.

We had a game this upcoming week, and everything needed to be perfect as always.

After practice was over I took a few sips from my water bottle. My hair was damp and I was sweaty all around, so I dismissed everyone quickly because I desperately needed a shower. Once the field was clear I took up my belongings and walked over to my car. I opened my purse and grabbed my keys, but immediately collided with something wet and hard.

I'm going to throw up.

I stopped and slowly lifted my head up ready to yell at the person, even though it was partially my fault for not paying attention.

My eyes trailed over the person's body. They had on a sports bra, leaving their abs on full display and shorts. The sweat on their body gave them a shiny look. Their arms were crossed and a tattoo of a snake was on their right arm.

I'm gonna cu-

A throat was cleared and I quickly snapped out of my daze. I lifted my head all the way up and scoffed.

"Of course it's you." I mumbled.

Valentina smirked with a tilt of her head, "What's that supposed to mean?"

"Doesn't matter. Where's my apology?" my hands found their way to my hips.

I saw her eyes drop down making me smirk, "I'm not the one who should be apologizing, love," she replied, her gaze on my body never leaving.

After a while our eyes met.

Ignoring the nickname I spoke up again, "It's just two simple words. Did your parents not teach you manners?"

Valentina chuckled, "Says the one who pushed past me without saying anything."

"I don't owe you anything."

She shrugged her shoulders, "Same goes for me." without any more words being spoken she jogged off.

Unbelievable.

VALENTINA'S POV:
Next day...

VALENTINA'S OUTFIT:

-•-

Luckily, I hadn't ran into Dasani at all tonight. The group and I had gathered somewhere in outside by the pool. I was tipsy from a few drinks, but nothing major.

"Y'all are such pussies." I exhaled smoke from my mouth.

Hayden and Mina rolled their eyes.

"Come on, just one." Alex offered.