𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫

VALENTINA'S POV:

The kiss was so different than others I've had. Her scent was alluring and pulled every inch of me in. When she wrapped her legs around my waist I lost it. I accepted the kiss, taking all of her in. Her soft skin and lips, the warmth of her body, her thighs that were rubbing against my exposed sides.

It was all so natural.

Unfortunately, it all came to an end when I realized who it was that I had locked lips with. My supposedly enemy. I swore and quickly exited the room. Even though I was no longer near her, I couldn't stop thinking about how right it felt to be so close and intimate with her. I wanted to go back and take her right there. Anything to feel her delicate touch again.

What the fuck am I thinking?

I shook my head and looked around for the others. After a few minutes of searching and coming up with nothing, I called them one by one. Neither of them were at the party anymore. Alex left with some girl and Hayden drove Mina and Nolan home. A door closed behind me and without looking back I sped out of the house.

Once reaching my car I opened the door, but a hand pushed it closed again.

"So you're just going to leave?"

With a sigh I turned around, instantly being met with Valerie's face. Her cheeks were flushed as she wore a pissed-off expression.

"Yeah." I stated.

My gaze lifted away from the ground and up to her face, instantly coming in contact with her brown orbs. Both of us searched one another's eyes.

What for? I don't know.

"I should've known better." she chuckled and attempted to walk away, her drunken state slowing down her movements.

My hand reached out to grab her arm,"Val-"

"Don't fucking touch me!" she shoved my hand away with a disgusted look.

I huffed and grabbed her arm anyway. I changed our position so that I was now pinning her against the car. My arm pushed against her chest to keep her from moving.

"Just let me take you home."

She laughed with low eyes, "No thank you, I can go back the same way that I'd came."

"Which way is that?"

"Cassandra." she shrugged her shoulders.

I rolled my eyes, "And where is she?"

I spoke up again before she could reply, "Look I'm not gonna let you wander around looking for her when you can barely stand on your own."

Our eyes connected again.

"Whatever." she slid away from my grip and stumbled over to the right side of the car.

I opened my door and got inside. Valerie was sat in the passenger's seat, her body leaned the opposite way of my direction. I tugged on my bottom lip before starting the car and driving away.

The car was filled with nothing but silence and tension. The only time any of us spoke was when Valerie gave me directions on where her house was located.

Arriving at the estate took fifteen minutes. I stopped the car in front of the house. Without a word being uttered she lazily positioned her hand on the door handle.

"Wait." I whispered.

"What now?" her hand remained on the handle, but she had yet to move.

"What happened was a mistake." I gulped, my eyes never leaving the steering wheel that my hands were placed on.

Silence.

"Right. A drunk mistake." she chuckled lowly beside me.

I slowly turned in her direction, but before I could see her face she opened the door and stepped out. She slammed it close and walked up the pathway that lead to the house.

I watched as she entered the house before I rested my head on the steering wheel.

"Fuck." I breathed out with unopened eyes.

-•-

Nolan slapped me upside the head earning a glare from me.

He shrugged his shoulders, "Dick move."

I rolled my eyes and stuffed a fry in my mouth, "I know."

Surprisingly no one had a hangover from last night's party. Mina only had the few shots that Alex gave her, Nolan had more than any of us, but he recovered quickly, or so he says, and Alex is her normal self.

We carpooled over to a diner that we occasionally go to named "Rose's Kitchen," and have been here for the past hour or two. It has mostly just been them lecturing me after I told them what happened with Valerie.

"Are you going to eat that?" Hayden leaned into my vision with a smile, pointing at my untouched chicken tenders and half eaten fries.

I blankly stared at him.

"Is that a yes?"

"Take it." I grumbled.

"Thank you." he happily picked up my plate and sat it in front of him.

"I agree with Nolan." Mina shrugged with crossed arms, "You've had your moments, but that's by far the dumbest thing you could've done."

"Why are y'all attacking me?"

"Why not?" Alex smirked.

"I can still tell her." I threatened referring to our discussion at the lunch table.

She scoffed and continued to eat her food.

"Apologize." Hayden muffled out with a chicken tender in his mouth.

"Anything but that." I looked around the table.

They all showed signs of agreement to which I groaned loudly at.

"Seriously? You want me to apologize to her? For what? There's literally nothing to say." I rambled on.

"Oh, there's plenty to say." Mina sternly said to me.

I scoffed, "No, there's nothing to say to her because—"

"You kissed her, admitted to liking it, and drove her home just to say that it was a mistake. Stop being a pussy and go admit that you like her already." Alex said with a roll of her eyes.

I scoffed once more, not taking a liking to anyone's words, "I don't like her. Why would I even—"

Something splashed on my head, putting my statement on pause. The liquid glided down my head and onto my face. Pink came into my eyesight, and I immediately knew what the liquid was.

It was a milkshake.

"What the hell?!" I stood up from the booth and wiped my face.

"Are you gonna continue? I'm sure everyone is just dying to hear what you have to say about me." Valerie smirked at me.

"Why—"

"Hm, I guess not. I'll be on my way then. You might want to go clean up though considering all of the eyes that are on you." she strutted off.

I ignored people's looks and turned back to my friends.

"Well deserved." Nolan chuckled.

"Fuck off."