IX - Call me When you Remember

The sound of my alarm woke me up from my peaceful sleep. I rolled sidewards and reached for it to turn it off. I glanced at the time and it was already 12 noon. My head flopped back to my pillow but  my arm stretched to the bedside table as I mindlessly searched for my phone. After a while of moving my hand around, I muttered under my breath and rose up to look for it. Only to notice that it was nowhere out of sight.

I closed my eyes as I tried to remember where I last put it, only to come up empty. With a groan, I stood from the bed and went inside my closet in my hopes to find it. If my phone isn't with me, then it's probably in my bag. I stopped the moment the words processed in my mind.

My bag.

My eyes widen as I felt the air hitched in my throat.

I can't find my bag because I don't remember bringing it home yesterday.

I felt dizzy as countless of scenarios ran through my mind. But I shook my head optimistically and changed in just a matter of one minute. I decided to go casual with my pink Chanel sweater, a white Fendi skirt and some nude pumps. I didn't waste any time to go to the bathroom so I decided to just put my hair in a messy bun and went back to my room. I grabbed my keys by the door and ran outside like a crazy woman.

But as I reached the front door, I was greeted by the sight of Adam who was just about to ring the doorbell.

"Adam, what are you doing here?" I asked him politely with a smile as I mentally grimaced remembering our exchange yesterday. But I glanced at my car in the driveway, wanting to end this conversation as soon as possible to get that wretched bag from Cameron's house.

"Alyssa and I have been trying to reach you, why aren't you answering?" He asked in a stern voice as his eyes studied my face passively.

"I left my bag at Cameron's. I'm actually about to go there. I'll call you guys when I get it." I walked past him as I hurriedly went towards my car. But before I could go any further, Adam's hand stopped my arm making me sigh out of frustration.

"I'm not letting you go there alone. I'll take you there." He dragged me towards his car before I snatched my arm out of his grip.

"I wasn't asking for your permission, Adam." I gave him a ridiculous look before gracefully turning around to the direction of my car.

"Fine, I'll just tell Carmilla what happened yesterday." He shouted from the back which made me halt in my steps.

The audacity of this man.

I turned back around to face him. I glared daggers right to his face but he only responded with a challenging smirk.

"You wouldn't dare."

"Do you want to see me try?" His voice was serious. There was this determined look on his face that makes me want to slap it right away from him. But I realised there's no point so I released a frustrated yell. I pounced my way towards his car which he happily opened for me.

We went inside and I kept glaring at the side window paying him no attention.

"That wasn't so hard was it?" He asked smugly before the car started moving. Cameron's house is just five minutes ride away so I wouldn't have to seat and avoid Adam that long.

After a long moment of silence, the car came into a halt as I noticed the Griffin Mansion. I was about to open the door, when Adam held my wrist.

"What?" My voice was laced with irritation as I tried to control myself from clawing his hand away. Why does he keep getting handsy today?

He reached for his compartment before taking a black case in there. He opened it to reveal a pair of sunglasses.

"Wear it." He handed it to me which brought confusion to my face.