𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟎-𝐌𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧 𝐟𝐫𝐢𝐞𝐧𝐝𝐬

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"A friend is one who overlooks your broken fence and admires the flowers in your garden."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's crazy how much a few months change humans... their ways of living, their ways of thinking...
Even sometimes the way they're loved...

His heart raced.

Loved.

He thought he had known what love was once upon a time, but all that changed as his friendship with the black haired boy before him grew over the years and he realized that for love- true love- to happen, one must invest a lot of time into someone.

They must learn to laugh with them, cry with them, share their happiness, pain and the joy of friendship with them before the heart can carry such a brutal weight of an emotion capable of destruction in the most beautiful of ways.

"I'm worried about my family. They disgust me still" he let out quietly, a hint of attitude tucked into his otherwise heedless tone.

"I was worried you'd say that- hold this," he blurt, reaching for his hand and placing it on the ice pack before getting to his feet.

He obeyed, watching him as he padded his way into his bedroom. Sighing, he shut his eyes, slouching a bit more into the purple velvet couch. A shiver travelled down his back from the slight chill in the air.

His eyes shot open upon hearing the sound of faint rummaging a moment later. Following the sound, his eyes travelled back to his room. He couldn't peer inside as the door was left ajar but whatever it was, knowing Gon, he was in for a lecture.

He just wished he would let him off the hook. Just this once.

Blowing a wayward strand from his face, his bare skin and fingers alike protested against the cold from the ice pack. Flicking his gaze downward, his eyes landed on his navy blue hoodie so carelessly discarded on the beige, carpeted floor.

Letting out another sigh, he leaned his head back onto the soft of the cushion.

The black hair emerged from the door, a familiar boy entering with a sour frown on his face.

Killua couldn't help but snicker.

"You really need to be more careful" he stated shortly, wrapping a light fabric around the icepack.

"We're safe here. There is no need for you to fight... Forget your family, they're everything but a concern of yours"

The white haired boy observed his friend carefully, rethinking everything as he saw Gon turn mature before his eyes.
Before... It was just Killua being a voice of reason and holding Gon back from being stupid like he had a two years old baby.
But now... it was so odd to see him so straightforward.

"You're not under Illumi's control aren't you?"

Gon's eyebrows narrowed.
"No...?"

Killua bit his lip to resist the laughing urge, quietly asking his question.

"Do you have a crush on Amane?"

-"NO I DON'T FOR WHICH TIME-"

"Good" he nodded, passing a hand through his messy white locks.
"You're not under control"

"You're such a meanie sometimes Killua!" Gon whined in a low voice, heaving a sigh before turning to leave.

"I'm going to the store. If your wounds don't get better by the time i return I'm calling Leorio. Or Bisky even. She might know what to do with you. Seriosly Killua, I love you and all but you need to get your marbles together"