𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟖-𝐌𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐧 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Friendship isn't about who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you" and proved it."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Oi, Canary, if you don't come here and free us we are breaking out ourselves. Your choice"

She peered in the room, sadness washing over her face as she sighed in empathy.

"I'm afraid I can't do that, master. I can however get you some food if you're hungry?"

"Don't worry" Killua smiled, tearing apart the cell's lock in one hand movement.
His eyes lit up, narrowing even though he wasn't about to kill anyone.
It was just his natural instinct of protecting his loved ones from... traitors, eventually.
Whatever they did, he never trusted any of his call them butlers except for Canary. Guess some childhood memories really do play a big impact on your present...

"M-Master!" She whined, clenching her rod under her fingers. She swallowed, getting into a defense position as she was obligated to attack him against her will.
She fell to her knees, looking up at Killua helplessly.

"I..." She whispered, dropping her weapon down on the floor accompanied by a loud bang.

"Go. Save yourself before it is too late, Killua. I'm not gonna-"

"CANARY! WHAT FOR GOD'S SAKE ARE YOU DOING!?"

"I broke out and... attacked her" Killua lied in a second, shrugging his shoulders calmly as he wrapped Gon under his arm.
"And we're leaving as well. Guess not even Canary herself can win a duel against me. Don't fault her, fault my abilities."

He smirked.
"Damn mom, you really raised a fine warrior... but not an assassin"

Kikyo glared at him in shock, outstretching her arm in order to stop her son but before she knew it he snuck past her, slowly heading towards the exit with a sour smile plastered over his lips.

"So long mother"

"K-Kill WAIT MY DARLING-"

Her words were muffled with the door slam, the white haired boy proudly putting a chair under the doorknob.
Gon admiringly watched him do it, his beam healing every wound.

"Wow Killua! You really are amazing! Can you teach me?? Think we can train my nen again?"

"I don't know Gon" he replied with a sigh, painfully watching his face expression drop to a frown.

Small tears formed in the black haired boy's eyes as he closed them to keep the tears from falling.
He sniffed quietly, rubbing his face with his sleeve.

Seeing his friend in this much distress made Killua's stomach knot up, being the only person who knew him that deep he could even tell his pain...
Gon was always so stubborn and never showed it... although really, Killua did the same. The two always went together on that one... that never changed.

"H-Hey! We can try!" He desperately tried to cheer him up, embracing him tightly under his grisp.

Killua hesitated for a moment, but knowing they had no secrets and fears between them he decided to do it.
He pressed a light kiss against Gon's temple, pressing the boy against his chest for comfort.

"T-Thank you Killua" the slightly smaller boy mumbled, happily looking up at the boy whose cheeks were flaming red.
He returned the hug now cheerfully, giving him his own kiss on the cheek as a thank you.

"You always know the right thing to do Killua! I admire you"

Killua bit his lower lip, holding onto the cheek dreamily while his thoughts started racing miles.
His lips formed a small, almost unnoticeable smile he hid... But even so, he knew that Gon saw it.
That boy sees everything.