𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏-𝐍𝐨𝐭 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐲 𝐢𝐭 𝐮𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞

*╔═══❖•ೋ° °ೋ•❖═══╗*
"I loved yesterday, cherished today and yet still knew by just the peek thrown at tomorrow that it wasn't something i could get to love. Yesterday i held you, today i left you and tomorrow... I'll know that I won't ever manage to find a place anywhere close as to what used to be called home."

How lost could one boy be...

That's what I am without you, my friend, my very best.
*╚═══❖•ೋ° °ೋ•❖═══╝*

He gazed into the distance with the eager frown dancing on his pale lips, attempting to accept the cruel fate that was upon him in that very second of solitude he could achieve where he could hear nothing but Killua's steady breathing.

His breath slowed to the beat of the summer rain that fell around them, darkness making their eyes pierce to the fading light.

Gon let out a small wince, looking up at his friend he once used to know.

"K-Killua... are you afraid...?"

The slightly taller silver haired boy eyed him angrily, offense showing through his malicious eyes filled with nothing but killer intent.

"The only one afraid here is you, idiot" he hissed, slowly approaching the black haired boy with claws bathing in the pale moonlight.

"We meet again, it's been quite some time"

"K-Killua this... THIS ISN'T YOU!" Gon finally snapped, small tears streaming down his bruised cheeks.

"H-how could you do this to me...? To Alluka? Remember how it used to be? Best siblings forever? Best friends for life?"

Killua scoffed, wiping off the blood that dripped from his mouth with his clawed hand.

"The little nuisance is locked down again in that silly little basement of her's, I'm sick of playing pretend with her and this was the best idea, wasn't it? She's dangerous"

"Killua..." Gon pleaded in a low voice, hugging himself while his body broke into a fit of shivers.

"This isn't you... You're not evil... you're my best friend..."

"I'm telling you, ASSASSINS CAN'T HAVE FRIENDS!!!" Killua yelled under his breath, lunging forward to knock the person he once loved the most out of his consciousness.

He spit out a small amount of blood, brushing Gon's wild now completely loosened soft hair away from his face.

His hand trailed up to stroke his temples, claws slowly dissapearing as he gave him a small gaze of empathy before he dissapeared from the sight.

"I'm sorry, Gon. This is for your own good"

▲───────◇◆◇───────▲

The black haired boy awakened to the sound of his own blood dripping to the ground, his ears buzzing from the sudden blood loss.

He sobbed into the warm rain, gazing up at the starry sky while the images of a soft white haired boy appeared like shadows before his eyes.

He remembered the hunter exam... the first time he took Killua to see the whale island... to meet his aunt...

Gon met some of Killua's family, too. He met his oldest brother... his younger brother and even his favorite little sister he loved so much to the point he set her free from the dungeon she was in for ages...

He never minded even when Nanika awakened, he still loved them both more than anything else in the world...

Now...

Gon couldn't even picture this new version of Killua.

This creature is so... not Killua.

His best friend always cherished his loved ones and always strayed from the path of an assassin... there was no explanation as to why he now wanted to be assassin again...

His sentence still lingered in Gon's mind.

"Assassins can't have friends... therefore, you're nothing to me"

He bit back a sob, glaring back into all the memories...

Once his wounds heal a little, he will persuade the answer.

There was only one person Gon loved from the depth of his heart and it was Killua. He could meet anyone... but even so, they still wouldn't be Killua, not even in biggest dreams.

Killua...

Was Gon's best friend.

That's how it always was, that's how it always will be, at least to Gon.

He thought.

Maybe it was Illumi doing it all.

Maybe Nanika awakened to some serious business with her new wishes Killua couldn't even fulfill...

Maybe... just maybe....

Killua actually got bored of him?