𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟔-𝐍𝐨𝐭 𝐰𝐡𝐚𝐭 𝐢𝐭 𝐥𝐨𝐨𝐤𝐬 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞

*╔═══❖•ೋ° °ೋ•❖═══╗*
Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend."

~Albert Camus

*╚═══❖•ೋ° °ೋ•❖═══╝*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"We are here"

"Sadly" Gon replied with a small smile, empathetically gazing upon the lavish huge gate that stood before them.
"I... I don't have my nen anymore, how will we open the gate? My physical strength also lowered drastically since that fight... I don't know how I will manage but I'll try!"

"Idiot are you even listening to me?" The white haired boy sighed, gesturing towards the door that was there only for the Zoldyck family members.

"Even being the ex assassin I am, it still doesen't change the fact i am a Zoldyck. Therefore, we can enter like we want nothing from that place"

"But i thought you started killing again?" The smaller boy rose an eyebrow, eyeing his friend curiously as his brown eyes shone under the sun.
"Killuaaa, you are so complicated~"

"Cut that out" The other boy rolled his eyes, heaving yet another sigh as he approached his ear.

"I'm killing for the sake of protecting you. I am an assassin just... for entertaining this hell of my family. At least we don't have to entertain Ging, God knows what that would be. Now let's go before Canary spots us"

"But Killuaa, I can still open the gate!" Gon whined happily, pulling up his sleeves as he ran towards the gate convinced that he could impress his friend.
"It will just take a little more strength here and there and then-"

"GON STOP THAT CIRCUS AND GET BACK HERE IMMEDIATELY"

Without listening to a single word his friend said he positioned his hands on the cold metal, pushing forward with all his strength in order to open at least the first gate.

Ignoring Killua's screams and lectures he swallowed down the pain, squeezing his fist in hopes to regain the lost strength.

"First comes rock..."

"Gon"

He gasped, feeling no aura lingering over his body as he called out those words.
The confused boy turned his head to see Killua leaning himself on the wall, showering him in glances full of empathy.

He lowered his head to avoid an eye contact with the eager brown eyes.
Killua was rooting for Gon and his future, and now that he lost his nen and at the same time lost everything he loved... he couldn't bear to see him like this.

From time to time he would try to summon his powers, abilities fading while he fought for something that no longer existed.

It just... gave Killua no rights to even be mad at him.
If he wanted, he could have already activated his godspeed and dissapeared from the sight.
It didn't seem right. He was meant to go in there with Gon.
With the only person he trusted enough to meet his little sister once again.

"Gon..." he spoke through clenched teeth, grabbing onto the doorknob as tears formed in his blue eyes.

"Come... let's go"

✧══════•❁❀❁•══════✧

They quietly snuck past Mike, sneaking through the weirdest hideouts out there as Killua showed Gon around the estate.
The mansion was huge but it didn't stop Killua from figuring out all the exits and hideouts which he used as his escape from his family.