Chapter 55

Irene's Powers – Super Strength, Super Hearing

Namjoon's Powers – Super Intelligence, Size Shifting

Sana's Powers – Poison Generation

Miss Zina's Powers – Gravity Manipulation

~~~~~~~

Irene was greatly injured and hurt. She had scratches and bruises all over her body and her hands were bleeding and burnt due to her struggle at keeping her strength in control.

She was using so much of her powers and so quickly, she had lost control quite a few times which caused her physical body to be incapable of keeping up with her. Her hands were covered in blood and burnt to a crisp due to the unusual use of her powers. She ignored the discomfort and was rather good at it. She went on and fought as hard as she could.

Her goal was to keep her fellow schoolmates safe rather than fighting off the enemy. Whether they lost or won this battle her goal was to keep as many students alive as she could.

Her heart felt heavy as she saw some unknown mindless bodies already on the ground, their eyes open. Trying to ignore them, she battled on ahead, but it was difficult. She couldn't help but imagine the student's families and parents, their faces when they would realize their kids hadn't made it, the cries of pain and suffering. But instead of letting it drag her down, she turned that pain and heartache into motivation and determination, vowing to herself that no more students lives would be lost as long as she was breathing and living.

She had finally destroyed one of the robots she had been combatting. She helped Seulgi get off the ground and crushed a robots head in her hands, as its body brutally falling to the ground, its head rolling off into the distance.

The ground and sky shook when a huge explosion took place. She looked behind, her body aching and her breathing heavy when she noticed a huge crater had been made into one of the buildings.

"That..." She whispered, a sense of dread filling her system. "That reminds me of Wendy's precognition..."

"Irene watch out!"

She looked behind, ready to attack but noticed Namjoon had already killed one of the living members of Professor Dill's army, one of his knives in the minion's body, blood dripping off of the blade.

He looked at the lifeless body that fell to the ground in a thud. His eyes were filled with disgust at himself and regret. He couldn't believe he had just killed someone. His morals were confused and never in his life had he imagined he would be in a scene like this.

Irene, realising what he was thinking, immediately took a hold of his wrist and forced him to run with her to one of the gardens where the fights were less intense.

They didn't have time to think about those things. The more they ignored them, the better. Because now, surviving was all that mattered.

"We need to find Jungkook and Yoongi! They're in danger!" She yelled at Namjoon, feeling regret for not having told him sooner about the precognition.

"What! Where?" He exclaimed.

They finally made it into the Butterfly Garden, but it didn't seem like one. If Irene hadn't been here earlier on her tour with the maidens she would've never guessed this was a place for butterflies and their different and flamboyant wings to flutter around in.

It was empty, the flowers and perfectly mowed grass were wholly ravaged. Mud was everywhere and not in one sight was there a botanical plant that had survived the onslaughts and the battles.