Chapter 8: Confronting Loneliness

Start from the beginning

Neither of you laughed. He had done that before when you had been in high school.

"Hey Y/N, are we invited to your reopening? Did you need assistance with it?" Nami asked once once everyone had gotten a couple of plates of food, and your drinks.

"I hired two people already, they start training tomorrow and then the week after that we do our soft reopening and then our main reopening."

"You were hiring why didn't you tell me? I need a new job!"

"What happened to working with your sister?"

"We fought over everything. We both want to do different things with what Belemere left for us. I want to make drinks using the tangerines she just wants to sell them as is, like we've been doing. We never came to an agreement and she owns more of the business than me, I don't get 1/2 of it until next year."

"Nami, why don't you two get together with a business advisor and maybe you guys could come up with a solution or compromise." She made a face that told you she didn't like that idea. You sighed, "Okay look if it turns out that I need an extra person I will call you okay?"

"Thank You!!"

"But you start out at where everyone else does with pay."

"Awe c'mon we're friends!" You stuck out your tongue and started to eat.

"So Sabo you planning on asking Koala to marry you anytime soon?" Ace teased. Making his brother turn red.

"Ace, c'mon things are great right now. I don't want to mess it up."

"You guys have been dating for 8 years. It's time to put a ring on it!"

"I agree!! That way we can have a huge party with lots of food!!" Luffy shouted causing the whole table to laugh. You felt a buzz in your pants and saw it was Barto texting you.

Barto: Hey boss, I have a concert tonight-dabe. Do you want to come? You can bring anyone with you.

You showed the text to everyone, Zoro and Luffy said they'd come with everyone else had plans. An hour later you were all playing the games trying to win the stupid prizes that they had. You played a shooting game, and a ring toss. After that you walked around the store with Robin.

"So what happened Robin between you and Crocodile?" She became sullen, which isn't what you wanted but it was the result all the same.

"We were just two different. He wanted to control every aspect of our relationship, but I didn't want control. I just wanted what we had before we got serious, fun, sex and food. It was simple then." You blushed at that.

"Ahem, well I'm sorry that it ended up like that. He can be a bit of well...a control freak."

"He's not with you."

"Cause Whitebeard told him if he ever tried he'd bury him." You both laughed.

"Well maybe if he ever changes that aspect of himself we can try again."

"Only if you want to." You walked toward the wind chimes, you had a nice sized balcony at your place, you planned on buying a small table with two chairs eventually but you thought a wind chime would be pretty.

"Y/N, what happened between you and Law? I know you guys were having some communication issues. But I just can't believe that's the only reason you broke up with him."

"Communication is one of the most important things in a relationship. He wasn't willing to let his guard down enough to talk about how he felt and I gave up trying. We weren't meant for each other. Plain and simple." You grabbed a chime and went to the register.