"I have some more things in the cupboard up there," I pointed upwards. "I try to keep them out of Bea's reach."

Ever since she managed to find her way to a whole packed of marshmallows and wouldn't sleep afterwards, I had to keep them out of reach for her.

"Do you want some hot chocolate? I have little travel mugs we could use?" I asked her.

"Sure," she nodded.

I nodded and turned around, preparing the things I needed for the hot chocolate. Overtime, I have come to perfect the way I make it and now it was a good chance to impress Rena. She loved hot chocolate, hopefully she'd like mine too.

Just as I waited for the milk to heat up in the pan - this was part of my perfected recipe - I turned around and saw Rena trying to reach the top cupboard on her tip toes.

"Do you need help?" I asked her.

She turned to look at me over her shoulder. "No, thank you. I got it," she smiled, before proceeding to climb up the counter on her knees.

She's something else.

I shook my at her antics and got back to my masterpiece.

Once the milk was warm, I whisked in the cocoa and a couple of extra things to give it that little edge.

As I poured it into our mugs, my eyes wandered over to Rena. She was still kneeling on the counter, a packet of marshmallows in one hand and smiling at the cookies in her other hand.

She's so adorable.

Just as I thought this, reality quickly got to me, and I managed to burn my hand. This is why you shouldn't look away when pouring hot liquids.

"Shit," I put the pan down and looked at my finger.

"Liam, you absolute muppet," Rena said, quickly coming to my side.

She took my hand in hers, examining the burn, and I suddenly didn't care about the searing pain.

"Come here," Rena dragged me to the sink, turning the cold water tap on and place my hand under it.

Amidst all of that, I could only look at her.

She looked at me like I was a child who had caught its' head in the bannister.

"Who looks away when pouring hot liquid?" She continued to scold me. "You're meant to pay attention. What could possibly warrant your attention for those few seconds needed to pour? What were you looking at?"

"You," I blurted out.

My eyes widen immediately as soon as the word came out of my mouth. I wasn't supposed to be honest.

Rena looked taken aback as well, frowning slightly as she was unsure she'd heard that correctly.

I quickly cleared my throat. "I mean, you left the cupboard open."

Handled that smoothly.

"Because that's really what matters right now," Rena said, rolling her eyes. "Keep it under water," she pointed at my hand.

"Okay, let me look," Rena said after a couple of minutes, brining my hand up closer so she could take a look.

She seemed so concerned over a minor burn.

"Rena. It's fine," I told her.

She looked up at me with a frown. "Does it sting?"

"Not at all," I smiled. "Take the snacks, I'll be fine."