You didn't even question it, just took your most important belongings and drove off, booking a hotel to try and catch up on sleep, but to no avail.

Needless to say, you looked and felt like a living corpse.

So here you were, looking for no other than—

"Gale!" For a change, instead of an exchange of fists, you flew into Gale's arms. Her thoughtful face morphed into one of pleasant surprise as she warmly hugged you back.

A grin broke out over Gale's face. "(Y/N)! What are you doing here? I thought you wanted to be left alone."

You nodded and paused, running your fingers through the front of your hair to get it out of your eyes. "There is uhm... A lot I need to tell you."

You tilted your head as her eyes caught yours before she gave your shoulder a tight squeeze. "Actually, we do too. C'mon, I have someone that wants to meet you."

-

You had decided that a police station was the one place you hated even more than libraries. Too bright and too many things going on at once with people busily scurrying around, barely paying attention to where they were walking.

Gale and the Kincaid listened attentively to your story of what happened, and you were given something in return.

A picture.

And not just any picture.

You'd been gaping at it for several minutes in silence, trying to wrap your head around it as the air around you three had grown thick with tension.

Said black and white photograph presented two females, presumably in their early 20s, all smiles and looking directly into the camera as they held each other closely.

One of them was your mother. Even when young, you could still easily recognize her face. But that wasn't the shocking part.

Next to her, the other girl smiling just as brightly, was none other than Maureen Prescott, Sidney's mother.

Yeah, they'd known eachother.

What was more, the photo looked to be taken from around here somewhere. It made you realize that you didn't know much of your mom's past, at all.

You were rendered completely speechless after the news had dropped. The killer had left it on the scene where Sarah Darling had been found dead.

You lifted your cup of water up, bringing it to your chapped lips as you took a slow sip from it, gulping the liquid down to ease your dry throat. "And you're sure this is... Her?"

Kincaid nodded, rubbing the back of his neck with his hand, his jaw flexing as he spoke. "Absolutely. And now that we know there is more than one killer out there, this is going to be one difficult case."

Your stomach flipped as you quickly tool another drink from the water to try to cool yourself down. "I... I think I know who they are."

Both of them perked up, staring at you with an expression that read 'well?'

You sucked your lower lip under your teeth, feeling your pulse hammering under the surface of your skin just by mentioning their names. "Billy Loomis and Stu Macher."

Kincaid apperently didn't understand Gale's wild reaction, so you took it upon yourself to give him a quick run-down of the Woodsboro events, after which he gazed at you in equal disbelief.

"Their bodies were never found," you concluded, unable to move your eyes away from the picture. You felt an ache in your chest over the very real possibility that they were the ones behind all of this.

Kincaid crouched down to your level, dropping his voice into a calm yet authorative tone. "We have one possible suspect in custody as we speak, are you sure you saw two, (Y/N)?"

"Well no, but... One was on the phone with me," you conveyed, watching the Detective's eyes searching your face thoroughly before he sighed and stood back up, turning away from you.

Their lack of response was enough to let you know neither of them believed you, but could you blame them?

A flash of irritation flared in front of your puddles of (E/C) as you tried to keep your breathing steady, the office suddenly feeling as if it were suffocating you.

You excused yourself but just as you were setting one foot outside, Gale came up from behind you, insisting there was something she needed to show you.

And judging by the look on her face, it wasn't going to be a happy field trip.

You were proven right when you apprehensively followed Gale into the set of STAB 3, passing a couple of actors and cops who all stared at you.

You didn't miss the little hateful glare Gale shot at one of the actresses, Jennifer was her name, who apperently played Gale in the movie.

Sunrise Studios was gigantic. You dug your heels into the ground and stopped dead on the spot at what was presented right in front of you.

You felt like a dagger had been lodged into your heart and someone painfully twisted it.

It was an exact replica of your house in Woodsboro. "What the..."

The longer you gaped at it, the more you felt like you were slowly being torn apart all over again.

There were no words that could accurately describe your mixed feelings— sickened didn't come close and disturbed wasn't enough.