He opened and closed his mouth a couple of times, accompanied with that guilty look.

That's when it clicked.

"Who told you?" I asked, sighing.

I opened the door a bit more and moved aside for Liam to step in.

"Um-" he stuttered.

"Liam." I glared at him, turning around.

His face contorted, as if it were an internal struggle to speak, but then finally he sighed.

"Your Mum was talking to..." he started to stay and I let out an annoyed groan.

Pressing my fingers to my head, I exhaled deeply, trying to keep my anger at bay towards my mother.

"I swear, she can't keep anything to herself. Is she just announcing it to everyone?" I then looked at Liam. "How did she even tell you? Did she send a carrier pigeon?"

He looked amused by my words.

"Hey, relax," he tried to calm me. "She didn't tell me directly. My Mum came to see Bea. She said that she'd called up your Mum and then your Mum called and told her, then I got told. She was also the one who gave me your address, well gave it to my Mum, who then gave it to me," he explained.

"Great. Just great," I sighed, pinching the bridge of my nose.

It was that I minded that Liam or Emma knew about the break up. But I'd rather be the one to say it, than my mother.

Moving towards the sofa, I collapsed onto it.

My head was leaned back against the sofa, as Liam took a seat next to me.

"Are you okay?" He asked the question, that I really hated being asked.

No one had really asked that question, I could tell that they instead of tiptoed around it, avoiding it. But of course, Liam would ask. He probably didn't know how much I hated it.

"Honestly?" I let out a laugh, despite not finding this funny at all. "I don't know," I confessed.

Liam turned to look at me curiously, as I continued. "It doesn't really feel like I've lost anything, because I know Will is still going to be in my life and I wouldn't want it any other way. But then, it still feels like something is missing. I just can't help but think that one moment I was happy and engaged. Now everything's just...ended."

When I looked at him, I could see the frown on his face. "Why did you end things?"

"Lola happened," I stated.

"Who?" Liam asked, looking more confused than ever.

"Will's first love," I told him. "She got sick and so went away, without telling him. She recently came back and his feelings were still there."

Liam frowned. "What about his feelings for you?"

"He still loves me, but I guess he loves her a little more. I'm just not the one for him," I said and the laughed to myself. "Maybe I'm not meant for anyone."

Liam gripped my hand, giving it a small squeeze. "Rena, no. You can't think that."

From the tone of his voice, it made it seem like I had just said, I think the sky is green. He just looked like I'd said the most implausible thing ever.

"I don't really-...it's just hard to not feel a little dejected. Especially since he was a good guy," I said.

"He was a good guy. Really nice," Liam nodded.