Bonus: Leila's POV of her and Aidens breakup

A/N: as an apology for missing three days I wrote Leila's POV of her and Aidens breakup bc she is a queen and I want u to see her like that.

Basically, the song All Your Exes by Julia Michaels (highly recommend bc it's absolutely fire) has a line in the bridge that I loved and I thought it would work very well for Leila and Aidens breakup so I decided to write it. It is only one line that I used from that song and the rest is completely my imagination but I wanted to give credit to the song (again go listen bc it's so good.)

After this bonus chapter the book is going to go right back to the regular chapters and chapter 10 will be coming tonight as well as the bonus.

IMPORTANT: the setting of this chapter is in the middle-ish of their junior year, it takes place almost a year before the normal story.

Aiden and Leila started dating in October of their junior year and it is now February of their junior year. Before they started dating, Aiden had slept around a lot (more importantly he slept with a girl named Nena).

There had always been a lot of sexual tension between Aiden and Lay before they started dating and Lay's insecurity about their relationship is that it's purely physical and he doesn't actually feel anything for her.

That's basically all the info that's super important to understand what's happening. Sorry that was a lot but it's super important information for the story.

I push Aiden against his dresser, not caring about knocking things over.

He turns us around so my back is against the wall and starts kissing down my neck. I tilt my head back, giving him full access.

I let out a moan as he hits my sweet spot. He gets the message and starts kissing that spot with a rushing desire.

I'm probably going to have to use foundation to cover this up. I'll definitely have hickeys tomorrow morning.

Stop thinking about that Leila, live in the moment.

I lift his head up, looking him in the eyes.

"Kiss me." Aiden states.

I do.

Pressing my lips against his, I reach behind his head, my fingers running through his hair.

He opens my mouth with his tongue and explores the corners of my mouth.

He moves his fingers in circles on my back. I step back, only for a second to pull my shirt off my head.

He reaches behind his back and takes his shirt off in the way that only guys do. I've never been able to achieve this successfully even though I've tried many times.

I press my lips back to his, our bare stomachs pressed against each other.

I feel his warm skin and bite his bottom lip. He moans. God that sounds so sexy.

A phone rings.

Ah shit what a way to ruin the moment.

We ignore it, and then it rings again.

"You should probably get that." I say, half laughing at the look of anger on his face of the person who called, interrupting.

He picks his phone up from his nightstand, checks who it is, and puts it back down.

"Who was it?" I ask.

"No one."

"Who was it?" I ask again, my voice sounding slightly threatening.

"Nena."

That bitch.

I can't believe they actually talk.

Why does he have her number?

I always knew she was jealous of my relationship with Aiden but I didn't think Aiden would ever talk to her.

Clearly he did.

I feel betrayed, I shouldn't and yet I still do.

To hell with I shouldn't, my feelings are valid.

How could he? I've talked to him about this.

He told me he blocked her because she kept texting him.

But at some point or other, he must have unblocked her because she clearly wasn't blocked.

Or maybe he never blocked her at all.

Maybe he's been texting her this entire time.

My feeling are fucking valid, and I'm mad.

"Don't worry, you are the only girl I see." Aiden says, trying to soothe me. I'm not taking his shit anymore.

"Yeah. I fucking better be." I'm pissed.

"I meant—" I cut him off.

"No." I've had enough of him treating me like I'm just a hookup, we've been dating for almost 5 months and he still talks to a girl he's fucked at least 3 times. "The standards for men nowadays are 6 feet under. Girls will say 'you have one of the good ones' if a guy tells you 'you're the only thing I see.' No. I don't have one of the good ones. I have someone who has human decency. It is human decency to not cheat on a partner. I'm not taking any of the bullshit that you're special just because you haven't cheated on me. There's nothing special about you doing the bare minimum in this relationship." I spit out my real thoughts on the matter, angrily. I grab my shirt and pull it over my head.

"Wait—Lay, please! I mean I—" He stops. I thought he was going to say he loved me for a second. Of course he wasn't.

"You what?" Venom laces my voice.

"Stay. Please—I..I want you to stay." He stutters.

"Well you don't always get what you want. We're over. For good." I have tears running down my face at this point. My makeup is probably ruined.

Ugh this mascara is too expensive to cry with it on.

My vision blurry, I walk out of his room and out the door to the Hart's house.

This will make things a lot more awkward anytime I hang out with Livia.

A/N: lmao what a queen. Also we hate Nena cause she's a bitch