A Tenuous Friendship

Izuku walks for an hour, maybe two, before finding himself on the outskirts of the city once again.

He isn't exactly sure, but he thinks he must be somewhat close to where he'd last run into Dabi, and that girl... whatever her name was.

Thinking of the dark-haired boy sends tingles down Izuku's spine.
He doesn't know why. Can't name the feeling in his chest that makes his heart beat erratically and his mind wander back to his eyes. His smile. His low, sultry voice.

'Maybe... maybe I should text him...'
A blush spreads across his cheeks as he pulls out his phone and scrolls through his contacts.
There aren't many, so he finds the name quickly.

Izuku:
Hey.

Crickets chirp in the dark, and a stray cat darts across the street and into a nearby alley.

Izuku's eyes follow the movement. His eyes catch on a dumpster, conveniently placed under a window, that's right next to a fire escape...
Izuku smiles as he makes his way over, climbs up, and begins scaling the building until he's atop of the roof.

He's just getting comfortable when his phone buzzes in his pocket.
He unlocks it to find a text.

Dabi:
Would ya look at that. So your phone does work.

Izuku blushes again, turning a few shades of red as he suddenly feels... well, guilty.
The dude had given him his number weeks ago. Maybe it was rude of Izuku to suddenly be texting him now, after so much time has passed...

He shakes his head and replies.

Izuku:
Yeah. Sorry.

His phone buzzes almost immediately with a reply.

Dabi
No worries.
You around?

Izuku:
If "up" can be considered around 😅

Dabi:
You're atop another building aren't you? Parkour?

Izuku:
Yup!
You- you care to join?

The greenettes face flushes again as he offers and awaits a response.
He doesn't know why exactly- maybe it's the idea of finally making another friend- but he actually feels... excited.
Almost giddy.

It's the first time he's felt anything other than something negative, or adrenaline, in weeks.

Dabi:
Sounds like fun. WYA?

Izuku quickly snaps a pic of the street and building he's atop of, and sends it to him.

A minute later his phone buzzes again.

Dabi:
OMW