...So Weird

It is so awkward in the upstairs level of the Midoriya household, that you could cut the tension with a knife.

Both boys are silent as Izuku makes steady, quick word of Dabi's injured hand.

The greenette is more nervous than he's ever been in his whole life, he thinks. But despite this, his hands are steady as he applies the salves to the older boys injuries. His hands don't shake, even as he wraps the other boys hand, skin gently making contact here and there as he works.

When he finally finishes securing the bandage wrap, he sighs in relief.

"All done!" Izuku says, offering a nervous but relieved smile. "How's it feel?" He asks, brows creasing in concern as the taller boy flexes his wrist, testing his mobility restrictions with the bandage.

Dabi shrugs, inspecting Izuku's handwork.
"Not bad..." he murmurs appreciatively, genuinely surprised by how well the younger boy had patched him up.

Izuku can't contain his nerves when those ocean eyes meet his again. He's so... intense...

Izuku blushes and bows to break the eye contact and give his racing thoughts a moment to get in order.
What is this feeling I get when he looks at me?
He shakes the thought from him mind.

"Glad to help!" Midoriya exclaims, mindful of the volume of his voice and the fact that his mother sleeps only a few feet down the hall.

After a beat of silence, he finally looks up again, straightening from the bow.

Dabi is no longer perched on his bed, where they'd moved for the better lighting. Izuku's eyes scan the room in panic for all of about 5 seconds before he finds what he's looking for.

The mysterious boy is leaning out his open window, crouched on the sill.

When their eyes meet, Dabi gives him a smile.
That creepy, yet somehow alluring grin etched on his otherwise stoic features.

"Thanks. See ya." He says, something like gratitude or recognition- Izuku isn't quite sure what exactly flashes in the boys blue eyes- before he tips himself forward and out the window.

"Eh?? W-wait! ...Da...bi...?" Izuku exclaims, rushing across his room and to the window. He finishes the sentence in a mumble of confusion, for the dark haired boy is already gone when Izuku reaches the window.

He looks down, then quickly turns his head to the left, and then the right, scanning the dark for the boy. But he's gone from sight.

'He's so...weird.' The two boys think of each other, as one shuts his window and turns away, the other not even sparring a glance back as he walks away.

And had Izuku left his window open but a minute more, he might have caught the other's chaotic laugh on the wind...