Plans (⚠️ )...and Presciptions??!

Izuku couldn't believe it.

The Doctor had nailed Izuku for his depression, and after only one short 30 minute session, he'd sent the young greenette out the door with a prescription.

He was 15, and they were trying to load him up on drugs!' He thought, in disbelief and in awe of the audacity. 'We barely talked!'

But Izuku's mother seemed to have no qualms about it.

She'd actually hummed when he'd handed her the slip of paper with the prescription on it in the lobby!
In fact, she looked rather pleased.

"If it'll help! Let's give it a go, eh Izuku, dear?" She'd asked happily, driving straight from the doctors offices towards the pharmacy, because it was nearly all the way across town.

Izuku merely slumped down in his seat, mumbling noncommittally as he stared out the window, mind clouding with dark thoughts.
He thought of how easy it had been to lie to that doctor... He had easily put on the facade that he was "just a little sad" and that the depression wasn't that bad.
But it was.

Izuku had a plan now, too.
After weeks of consideration, he'd decided.

⚠️
⚠️
⚠️
⚠️
⚠️

He would end his life 3 months from today.
A month after his 16th birthday: Aug 15th.
(BD: July 15th).

⚠️
⚠️
⚠️
⚠️
⚠️

When they arrived at the pharmacy, they didn't have to wait long. Maybe 10 minutes later, their last name was called over the store intercoms, and they were walking out with a little white baggie moments later.

The pills inside clinked together as they walked.
Nobody paid them any attention as they left, but to Izuku it seemed to think everyone was eyeing them, staring at the Depressed Kid.

He lowered his head, eyes burning through the floor as he quickly walked out.

'Everyone knows. And they all think you're a loser.'
'Pill popper!'
'Freak!'

Izuku shakes his head, trying to clear his thoughts. But lately that's been harder and harder to do. Nearly impossible.

'Impossible. Like my dream...'

The conversation on the car ride home is one-sided. His mother makes optimistic remarks, trying to share her hope and excitement with her son, who only grunts or mumbles incoherently in response.

As they pull into the driveway, Izuku hops out of the car, before it's even at a full stop, muttering to himself as he unlocks the door, headed to his room.

"Hey! Izu!" His mother calls, rushing in after him, white bag in hand. She's flustered as she stops in front of the stairs, where Izuku stands paused on the first step.

"You forgot these... You'll take them, right?"
Inko asks, staring into her sons eyes.

"Yes." He says, a small pout on his face as he takes the bag from her. It rattles as he walks up the stairs, missing the smile she offers him.

He sighs when he finally reaches his room, plopping down heavily on his bed, facing stomach down on his mattress. For a minute he closes him eyes, mind still racing.
When he finally gives in to the need for oxygen -as he couldn't really breathe with his face pressed into the mattress- he turns his head to the side and takes a few deep breathes of air.

His eyes stare out his window, seeing the setting sun.
His mom must have opened his window, he realizes. He'd had his curtains drawn tight to darken his room, allowing him to wallow in the dark, even during the day.

At one point, not too long ago, the scene would have pleased him. The beauty of nature would've awed him. The warm sun would've comforted him. The pretty colors would have inspired him.
But now... 'Now, it's nothing remarkable. Just the passing of another day.
Another shitty day.'

Slowly, his eyes flutter closed, and sleep claims his exhausted body.

- - - - -

When Izuku wakes up again, it's nighttime.
His eyes open to the dead of night, soft pale moonlight peaking in, stars littering the sky.
A gentle cool breeze brushes his face and his exposed legs. (He's in shorts and a plain T-shirt).

He yawns and stretches, pushing himself up. His back cracks, and as he slowly brings himself to a kneeling position, his knees give little 'pop's too.
He groans and slips to his feet, going through a small, slow routine of stretches.
He really shouldn't have fallen asleep like that...

His eyes find the window again, and he gets an idea 💡

He slips on an oversized hoodie, and puts on a random pair of shoes from his closet, since his iconic red shoes are downstairs by the door.

Quietly, he sneaks over to his door and presses his ear to it.
Silence.
'Good, moms asleep.'
He locks his bedroom door, just to be safe, and then creeps over to the window.

He pushes it all the way open softly.

The curtains billow with the breeze as he perches himself on the sill, eyeing the drop.

'Only from the 2nd floor. If I roll right, I'll be fine.' He mentally does some math, imagining the way his body will roll, before he takes the jump...

He lands with a small thump on the grass. He stands and brushes himself off, smiling to himself.

Smiling for the first time in weeks.

A mix of excitement and adrenaline pump through his veins as he quickly darts away from his house.
Out of the neighborhood; taking backroads and alleyways, avoiding the sounds of voices and footsteps around random corners and down lit streets.

He doesn't know where he's going, or why.
He simply lets his feet carry him on.

He just needed to get away.
Away from his suffocating room, his worried mother, those stupid pills... his damn life.

'For just one hour...' he thinks to himself, finally stopping to breath in the night air on the side of a deserted road.
It was warm out, summer swinging fully into season now, but there was a gentle, cooling breeze.

It felt... freeing.

'If  for just an hour, I want to be someone else.
Someone unburdened by the shackles of life. The unfairness of the world.'

His thoughts are disrupted,
and green eyes snap open at the familiar sound

of a scream.