27:Tom's Diner

Samantha POV:

3 hours driving later

"Ahhhhhh" I scream as I start hitting the radio repeatedly. It's shuts off , who solve known listening to "put your head on my shoulders" for hours would've drove you to insanity. I start looking in the glove department for some more cds.

Oh to my surprise I see some cigarettes and an light. No cds tho. Oh well, I grab a cig , put it in my mouth and light it.

First inhale and cough cough. "God what's in this" I think. Whatever I take another inhale and the radio comes on.

"Emergency: An female inmate has escape prison in the areas."

I turn up the volume. "Oh we have just gotta new information, the escaped inmate is Samantha Lopez Ed wife of Ace Hernandez...." Eww is that all they know me for is being Aces ex wife . I turn it off and sat in silent.

I wish mom was here.

(Her real mom died)

I take another inhale of my cig and speed up. The gas lights comes on, Shit. I start speeding down the road. I see a gas station up ahead but lord and behold I hear police car behind me .

Great I think to myself. I pull over and stop, the cop gets out the car. He ends up at the car "Ma'am you know you were going 100 in and 80 mph zone" the officer said. Before i spoke he ask me to take the cigarette out my mouth .

"Sorry sir," I say as I take the cig out. " my gas light is on and i was trying to find the closest gas station" " oh I see , you don't sound like our around here." He was looking me up and down.

"No I was visiting my grandmother but I'm heading back home now." I try saying while keeping my coolest.

"Ok well you be careful there's an inmate on the run, but she couldn't make it this far that quickly so u have a nice day." He says going back to his car.

I take a deep breath I drive to the gas station. I arrive an get out and as soon as I walk there was a knife pointed at my neck.

"What is going on" I yell. " what are you doing with mama D car ?" The unknown man yelled back. "she let me use it" I said. " no she didn't she didn't let anyone use that car." "Yea she did if you put the knife down kid  I can call her". They slowly put the knife down , I pulled the phone out my pocket and clicked the only number on there.

It start dialing and a few seconds later "What happen dear" "um this man had a knife pointed at me because they think I stole you're car." I say. " Give the phone to the e'm"

Next the u know I hear yelling , I walk out and start filling up the car with gas, I grab a 100 bill from the car. I go back inside and pick up some snacks and pay for gas. I ask the guy for my phone back and for the change.

With an disgusted look he gave it back and gave me my change. I go to the car with snacks in hand. Geez what was his problem.

2 hours later

I need a break my legs hurt. I'm almost there I'm thinking as I munch on my chips.

Arrived in city

It was already Thursday night so I need to stay in a cheap motel. I pull to Allies Motel . I get out and there was a lady at the front desk.

"Hello how may I help you?" She asked. "May I pay for 3 nights." "Yes that will be 320 dollars" . I give her the money and she hands me the key. I took my snacks, and clothes in the room.

It was dirty but it's gonna have to do. I take a shower because the tub was unusable. Literally it wouldn't come on.

I just went to back after checking the bed for bed bugs.

(Friday Morning)

Woken up by the phone ringing . I pick up "yes granny" "girl u better hurry she going to be there at 11 and it's 10:39" "oh my what's the name and address" "I'll text it to u" granny said as she hung up.

I get a message Toms Diner 2536 Denery Road . I rush out the door after brushing my teeth, washing my face and throwing on some clothes . I walk outside and great it's raining and I don't have an umbrella .

Kinda speeding down the freeway, while looking at the gps. I arrived at 10:56. I enter the diner soaked.

This rest part of the story is based on a song called "Tom's Diner" by Suzanne Vega, DNA

"How may I help you" a waiter ask me. "May I sit at the booth" I ask.

The waitress then leads me to the booth "can I get you any drinks or coffee" " yes may I get a coffee please" "coming right up".

He then leaves and comes back with a glass and tea Pot which was most likely filled with coffee. He starts pouring me a cup of coffee and stops half way.

Before I could say anything, he seems to be looking at the window at someone coming inside the diner.

The puts the tea pit down and walks up to the person that comes into the diner.

"It is always nice to see you" says the waiter to the women that was shaking off her umbrella .

I'm looking but quickly look the other way as they start kissing there hellos.

I'm pretending not to see them so I just put my milk into my cup of coffee.

I look around and I see a newspaper article, I open it and start reading . It was talking about some actor who had died drinking, it was boring but it keep my occupied. It also keep me hidden I had the newspaper covering me face.

I look back at the waiter , they stopped kissing and the women is bingo It's Susie. Aces current wife.

They are talking and after a few mins, she leave and Walks past the window I was at.

I was about to get up and follow her but as I was about to get up.

I felt someone watching me, so I raise my head from reading the newspaper.

I see Susie looking at me.

When I look back at her she drops her umbrella and hair starts to get wet . She takes a run for it. Damn.