Ch. 10: Chances

Dan's POV-

I sat there staring at my screen, 87% uploaded, I taped impatiently at my desk. I looked around my editing room, bleak. I pulled up Vyou and the live stream website Skye uses. I wanted to check on her, I clicked on her all too familiar user name "UnpredictableSkye", she was on. My heart stopped, I didn't know if I really wanted to see if she was on. But, I clicked, and before I clicked I checked on my progress... 92%.. Ugh. I clicked back to her tab, pulled out my head phones from the jack and turned my volume as high as it could go. I needed to be engulfed by her, I needed to feel like she was filling every empty space she left behind. I looked at my screen as her face appeared. She was sitting on Phil's favourite chair, in front of his window. Her hair was different, her eyes.. contact less, her clothes, everything was different. She wasn't wearing anything I gave her, instead she wore things Phil did.

"Tonight I fell in love with you"

She finished the song she was singing. And she looked off into the far corner of his room, her flicking. And that's when he appeared... He touched her, he kissed her forehead. She touched his vein, played with his shirt hem. He picked her chin up.

They kissed. Everything, I would do, I cherished. Everything that was mine, was gone. I couldn't look away, I saw comment after comment that people were writing. Some happy for them, some mad, some threatening for me, for him. And some said that knew it was supposed to be this way. I was thrown out.

They kissed, and once they pulled apart, he stood her up, embraced her and said something I should've said.

"I.. I love you. Since, since, I first saw you. Before California, before you knew I knew who you were. You captivated my heart, and you never knew it."

I clicked back to YouTube, 99% done, I still had a chance to delete this. And I was going to take my chance, I threw my mouse to the cancel button and clicked. I clicked so many times, but there it stood, my new video. I can't go back now.

"The Skye is falling"

I poured my heart into this, it was there, everything. And now I feel void.

I replayed every memory, every moment. I thought back, how did Phil know her before me. How? Why didn't he tell me? Why? Why can't she fall into my arms again.

I breathed, "Skye.."