𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟑: 𝐀 𝐁𝐀𝐑𝐆𝐀𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐈𝐓𝐇 𝐃𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐇

Seoul, District 7
On 19th September at 1:10 am

Loyalty never came to Hoseok easily. He was quick to switch allegiances and quicker to slit throats but now, with his hand on his mothers throat he has no choice but to do what he says.

He was good with bullets, both at smuggling them and handling the gun. He winced at his odd track of thoughts.

Slacking off was not supposed to be on his list today. He unlocked the safety catch and pulled the trigger. He didn't know the man before his feet but he felt the regret gnaw at the back of his mind.

As he left the dingy place he saw the man bleeding on the floor, his friend crying beside him. He should stop now, Hoseok knows. It's the 86th person he has killed for him.

Wasn't it enough? "It is never enough." He whispered out loud in and the cold winds of autumn carried it across the grey plains of desolate Seoul.

"We have a problem."

"What is it?" Hoseok turned around to see Namjoon leaning against the door frame.

"The girl." Hoseok winced. Another one.

Would they rape her this time? he really didn't want to hear those screams again.

"What about her?"

"You better come and see." He sighed.

Hoseok walked along the dark hallways and stopped in front of a rusted door. The smell of blood and sweat hung in the air.

"Is she dead?" He whispered. Namjoon shook his head.

"She is a... strong one." Meaning she would have a bad ending. The ones who put up a fight ended up dead or... worse. What was worse than death Hoseok wanted to ask Namjoon. But perhaps he already knew.

The small window to the left of Hoseok let in the soft glow of the moon that barely illuminated the shabby place. He wrinkled his nose.

The inside of the room was as hideous as you could imagine, crimson red soaked two mattresses meant to cover one corpse. The security of the room is higher than the usual ones' — it was the room of survivors, the ones who would rip the skin off their knuckles trying to break the small window, the ones who would scream for help regardless of their saliva coming back as red. Due to the last reason, the horrifying cage was in the very corner of the dungeon.

Hoseok could tell one of the boys went there for a demonstration of the side effects of disobeying, because of the one girl that laid on the concrete, lifeless as one could be. Her pink jeans turned into a whole pallet of blood, sweat and urine, she was undoubtedly dead.

From the three empty corners of the room, other three girls mourned the dead one in cries of fear that wouldn't stop tickling their throats.

"Boss said to prepare them for tonight. I quote, big deals are to be made." Namjoon explained, avoiding his eyes. He knew that even if Hoseok eventually learned to control his fingers trembling against the trigger, he couldn't bring himself to set up the women to be sold. If the men he silenced were guys with not so good behavior, he couldn't say that about the clueless girls who didn't want anything to do with the hideous bar.

"How many are there?"

"Three."

"You take the older ones. Explain what is going on. I... will talk to the newest one." Namjoon nodded.

"Which one is she?" he asked but he could clearly tell by the lack of dirt resting on her clothes.

"The one in the corner."