𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟏: 𝐃𝐄𝐀𝐃 𝐌𝐀𝐍'𝐒 𝐅𝐋𝐎𝐀𝐓

Seoul, Sehwa Highschool, Hongdae
On 17th September 2018 at 6:18 pm

Yoonseo was never the person to screw up as badly as today.

Icy wind slashed at her face as the rain danced it's demonic steps, sending it's cold warriors to knock at the classroom's window.

She hoped she would be home before the curfew.

Staying awake last night, looking up alternatives to her chemistry project had come back now to bite at her already miserable fortune. She winced and let out a silent curse as lightning flashed outside of the school building, lighting up the area and adding to that half-dead look that it had.

Walking down the hallway made you feel like you were passing through the leftovers of an illegally bought american slasher movie and not the monochromatic corridor of Yoonseo's high school, through whose walls a murderous breeze made its way under her clothes.

It wasn't like the whole high school looked like a fourth hand house which survived two wars and five epidemics, but the sleeping session that was just a little too long to be called a nap, brought her to the side of the building that hasn't been renovated in the past 12 years.

The janitor had already locked the front doors and the only usable exit — for which she roamed around to find — was one door without a lock on the left side.

Where did the door lead to? Bai Xing, a red haired girl who, despite her age, wouldn't be able to pass the height test of a carousel.

Yoonseo never asked Xing to wait for her, but ever since they've walked home once it became a habit, an unspoken ritual of theirs.

The taller one couldn't untangle the thoughts inside her head, and she wasn't ready for the world to hear them, while the shorter one enjoyed talking without having to expect a response.

"Here you are!" Xing's perfect eyebrows touched the end of her forehead, an overjoyed facial expression taking over her mostly fake and overly expressive face. "I confess I thought you may have left earlier when I saw Minhee leave, she's usually the last to do so, she waits for her boyfriend to finish smoking behind the gates." She rolled her eyes

"You should've left too, you know, it's already dark." Yoonseo hid her thankfulness under a stoic tone she had mastered over the years.

"I would have had to stay anyway, if I started walking right after I noticed them, that Kermit look alike would have thought I was stalking them." the Chinese girl explained truthfully, taking the backpack in her right hand to straighten her creaking back.

"That's because you did it before."

"Because he's dangerous! Yet she's always after his ass!" Bai Xing let her frustrations leave her body through a sigh, throwing her distant eyes to the side to watch the cars wandering around the street.

"More like she's after his dick." Yeonsoo mused.

"I don't even know what Minhee is doing with him."

"She thinks she can fix him."

"Fix him my ass." Yoonseo clenched her fist, the corners of her mouth forming a one sided, eyeless smile. Boys like him didn't deserve shit in life.

"She should drop him already, she isn't Bob the builder from the kindergarten show. Minhee and the others that claim to see the good in him look like a whole construction crew at this point."

In return Xing let out a laugh that was too loud in the barren campus of their old highschool. Sometimes Yoonseo truly wondered what the administrative board planned to do with making their school into a horrific replica of an abandoned haunted house.