Chapter- Twenty one

Start from the beginning

He hung up instantly. This is it. What do I look like to these men? A clown? I'm done. First they hide their whole ass job from me then comes the truth that I had to discover on my own about Weston and now this... There's no way I'll give up without knowing what's this message.

•••

I got out of my room, slowly walking down stairs to remind my legs how to walk. All three of them were on the couch, this time watching news. Wow! They evolved. I stood there, looking at the headlines when the door bell rang unexpectedly.

“I'll see” Dylan stood up, heading towards the door. We generally don't have guests and it's evening time. Little unexpected and unusual.

A little while later, Dylan entered in with a blank face and stood aside, sighing.

I hear few clicking sounds of heels and just when it was close, it revealed a lady with beautiful tan skin and elegant fit, walking inside with a subtle look plastered on her face. I looked closely to figure out who it was and was left in shock to see her.

Layla Davis. Just like I saw her in photos, she's so elegant and attractive, making other's glow dim in front of hers. She stood in middle of the living room, flashing a look around on all our faces and then her eyes fixed on me. I didn't know what to do with my face when she began changing her expressions, looking at my face. A line appeared between her eyebrows and her expressions hardened. What just happened to her?

Ty stood up from the couch and came in front, between me and her unpredictable looks.

“What brought you here? ” he asked, in not so pleased tone, crossing his arms. Kai tuned off the TV and stood next to Dylan.

“Where's Alonzo? ” she asked, peeking around and then back at them.

“Did he block your ass. I'm not surprised. ” Kai mocked. I looked at him surprised by the way he just spoke to her.

She rolled her eyes, walking inside the hallway, towards Alonzo's room, opening it but finding it locked. She turned back around and walked inside the living room, taking a seat on the couch.

“I'll wait for him. ” she stated, taking out her phone and scrolling through it.

Ty made his way straight inside his room along with two of them. They didn't wait for a single moment more there meanwhile I stood there, watching it all happen.

What can I do now? She's here to meet him so I should go back inside my room. I turned around on my heels when her bold voice blocked my way.

“You, Wait. ”

I looked back at her who was slowly advancing towards me. She stood close to me and studied my face for a moment, scanning my body.

“Yes? ” I asked, while she kept doing that. She's weird, not going to lie.

“For how long you've been in this house? ” she asked a very normal yet abnormal question. It's okay for her to ask this since she's soon going to be Alonzo's fiancee and is probably worried about me being here.

“Just few months” I answered, remembering roughly with a friendly smile.

I can smell the thoughts that were running thought her mind right now. I can't help but feel guilty somewhere inside my heart. I thought about those times when I was a little too close to Alonzo and that was wrong in so many ways. I can't imagine what I would do if I found someone with my soon to be husband doing such things.

She nodded, crossing her arms and plastered a smile on her face quickly. Her expressions were all soft now as if she left that Layla who was here intimidating me somewhere.