Chapter Fourteen - Undeniable Passion

Start from the beginning

"He did that to spite us, thats a fact," I say annoyed, slumping back into the uncomfortable school chair.

"Good morning class, as you know today we will be presenting and I have already taken it upon myself to list the order of which groups are presenting. So if you could all take 5 minutes to prepare and get organised, before we start with Daisy's group," Mr Williams says, turning his gaze over to us three an evil smirk on his face. That asshole. I hope he spills his boiling hot coffee on his pants.

"Guys, we're organised so theres nothing to worry about and our presentation is great, lets just show him what we got and make him look like an idiot," Leo says encouragingly, Miles and I nodding hesitantly in agreement to his optimism. 

"Okay class quiten down, Daisy Leo and Miles, are you ready to present?" Mr Williams says eyeing us with a frown, but I see the hint of evil in his eyes.

"Yep," I say popping the 'p'

Us three stand from our desks, each grabbing our folders which holds our scripts and other information we have for our presentation.

We all stand at the front of the classroom in a line in front of the whiteboard, Mr Williams desk right next to us. His black office swivel chair facing us and his deep angered stare aimed right towards us three. 

"For this assignment we were to choose a memorable moment in American history and how it affected the American people and the future of America. Us three decided to choose the Columbine Massacre," Miles introduces, his voice clear and confident.

"The Columbine massacre and attempted bombing occurred on April 20th 1999, at Columbine High school, in Columbine, Colorado," Leo says in the same tone as Miles, yet his hand on his hip and foot outwards. No clue why he stands so sassily, but it has resulted in people tripping over his foot in the hallway. 

"The perpetrators of this massacre were twelfth grade students Eric Harris and Dylan Klebold, who in total murdered 12 students, one teacher and injured 24; 21 one of which were injured by gunfire. From this massacre there were a total of 15 deaths," I say, reading from the script in my opened purple folder and looking up making quick eye contact with my classmates in front of me. Which are either looking at me, out of the window or their desks; which are covered in small scribbles and dents. Some paying a bit of interest while others daydreaming off into another world. 

***

"Thankyou for listening," Miles ends, all of us closing our folders and heading back to our desks, while the class claps lightly. 

"Well thank you, Daisy Leo and Miles, that was an excellent start to our presentations," Mr Williams chokes out the word 'excellent' obviously hating the word on his tongue. 

"Now for Greg's group, are you ready?" Mr Williams hastily wraps up and calls for the next group who walk to the front of there class.

"Told you we'd do well," Leo whispers in my ear and I just nod with a smile on my face. Ha! Suck on that Mr Williams.

***

"That looks poisonous," Leo says quite loud from beside me in the food line. 

Its currently lunch, finally because I was starting to get hangry. But todays special certainly looks special, its channeling 'the blob' from that old movie; The Blob.

"I'm not eating that," Miles says from the other side of me, a look of disgust evident on his face.

"Well its better than nothing, so either eat it or beat it," The lunch lady across from me says angrily, her brows furrowed in frustration. She doesn't really like kids all that much, no clue why she chose to be a lunch lady.