Chapter 13: Rhodes Island: part 3

ابدأ من البداية

Too slow.

This time the doctor dodged as well by making a simple side step, having the effect of making the kuranta miss her attack completely, her mace hitting the ground heavily. Making her feel very silly at the time. Sebastian placed the edge of his blade on the back of Nearl's neck in a way that made her realize his victory. The knight sighed and the doctor smiled, savoring the sweet taste of victory.

Nearl: How stupid I am...

Sebastian: Don't say that...

The kuranta fell backwards completely exhausted and breathing heavily because of all her efforts.

Nearl: I have to stop trying things without thinking.

The doctor too fell forward due to exhaustion, Nearl moved her large blond tail to her side to cushion the impact of the doctor's head in the kuranta's blond mass of hairs, earning a sigh of pleasure from Sebastian who enjoyed it like the best pillow in the world.

Sebastian: Ah that's the definition of heaven...

He said rubbing his hand against the warm floof pillow he had against his head as the kuranta tried to contain any moan of pleasure.

Nearl: D-doc... Not here! We might get caught...

Sebastian: *sigh* Well...

He turned around, now lying on his back on the floor, his friend's horse tail still serving as a pillow. The two being oriented in the opposite direction of each other making that they could look at each other in the eyes.

Sebastian: More seriously it's your gloves. The fabric under your armor is made of conductive aramid. So in fact if you just wear an extra pair of gloves underneath yours my electricity won't do anything to you.

Nearl: I'll take it in note... I don't know if it was a good idea to use my mace with both hands...

Sebastian: No, it was fine. I could tell you were more comfortable with it. You were only using your shield to block my punches and kicks anyway. But since you became fast enough to dodge them you could just drop your shield on me. And next time do it at the beginning of the fight and not when you are barely standing.

Nearl: Okay, okay...

They stayed in that position for a second or two catching their breath and strength until Sebastian noticed a small cut on the side of Nearl's head from which a tear of blood was flowing. He took his sword in hand and calming his breathing he gently pointed the tip of the sword at the kuranta's wound. Nearl calmed her breathing and watched carefully as the doctor did what he was going to do. He took a deep breath and began to concentrate. Strands of light formed around the originium on Sebastian's sword before swirling around the blade and finally concentrating in the tip into a ball of concentrated light, Sebastian's face showing the effort he was making, looking more tired than when he was lifting an object made of dozen of tons or facing a hundred enemies during an annihilation operation. The cut slowly began to close, blood flowing back into the wound, and after maybe three seconds when the wound was healed Sebastian lowered his arm and stopped casting his arts, breathing heavily and exhausted. The kuranta's wound completely healed, earning a smile from her.

Nearl: I think it's funny that we are the same arts...

Sebastian: The same?! You can turn me from a lump of coal back into a normal human while I can barely heal a paper cut and I use all my energy for that...

Nearl: At least you made some progress...

Sebastian: Yes, I've figured out how to use it with the originium of my sword but I've been practicing every day for two weeks with almost no results, it's almost depressing.