Chapter 35: Hatred

All of this chapter was written before the last revelations about chapter 14 and Babel event. As such, please note that once again i'm getting away from canon.

Her pen fell to the floor.

Zima: Ah shit!

She said, exhausted at having dropped her pen again in the silence, but mainly because of the repetition of the little gesture. She picked it up and heard a sigh from further in the room. Some of her classmates were looking at her, but above all, the man writing on the blackboard was looking at her, his eyebrows furrowed.

Sebastian: Sonya... Language...

Zima: Yeah, yeah sorry...

She said, obviously mocking the situation. The giant turned, seeing the gaze of his many pupils returning to his upper body.

Sebastian: Right. Who can prove to me that these two vectors are collinear?

He looked left and right, seeing a few hands raised. But of course his sharp teacher's gaze went to those who didn't raise their hands. His gaze landed on Rosa, who was staring into space, her head resting on her hand.

Sebastian: Natalya?

The ursine seemed to come back to reality and her eyes fell on the doctor and then on the painting, a slight stress instilling itself in her mind, the giant listening to her heart beating at full speed.

Rosa: well...

The giant leaned back against the blackboard, crossing his arms and waiting for a response from the young woman. Despite the fact that he knew she wasn't very friendly with the subject.

Rosa: You have to show that they are proportional...?

He could see that she had searched every nook and cranny of her memory for that answer and had found it, simply by sheer miracle. The giant grinned, and held up the hand that held the chalk.

Sebastian: Very good. Then show it to the board.

The ursine's eyes began to plead pity with those of the giant, who only seemed amused by the situation. Then, hesitantly, the girl rose to her feet, walking slowly towards the blackboard as if she were on death row, and took the chalk from the doctor's hand before moving towards it.

Just as she began to think about what she could do, the bell rang, earning the students' exultation of joy, and a big, relaxed sigh from the girl next to him. Their eyes met again, the giant still smiling.

Sebastian: Saved by the bell...

He stood in front of his class as some of them packed up their things, even though they were all waiting for him to instruct them to leave. He had at least earned that respect from them.

Sebastian: Don't forget tomorrow's work, but don't forget to bring your lab coats tomorrow morning, we're going straight to the lab for chemistry.

Student: Sir, isn't the essay due on Tuesday?

Sebastian: Normally and for the other classes yes, but honestly I won't have time to correct it... So I'll give you two more days.

Some of his students seemed relieved by this, which made the doctor smile slightly.

Sebastian: Don't tell them. Otherwise I'll be in trouble again.

The students quickly exited the room one by one, leaving only the giant and Rosa in the classroom. The young woman grabbed the brush at the bottom of the blackboard and began wiping the chalk, while the giant put away some of his belongings.