7. Faces In The Crowd

"And yet, a stranger will pass that same person and see a faceless member of the crowd, nothing more." – Taylor Swift on her Reputation album prologue

Evening sunlight pierced through the stained windows, casting kaleidoscopic colours on the benches and floor. Leta distinguished the collection of colours in front of her to be Jesus in the Judaean Desert, with a tranquil expression, holding against the arrows of temptation by the devil.

With Eva running off to work, Chris and Clary sleeping till late, passed out again from the Saturday night partying, and with Clary's parents coming over to check on them, attending the morning service at church was out of the question for Leta. So here she is, at the evening service.

The worship team returned to the stage, which meant the service is nearly over. Gladness took over Leta as she's been wanting to leave since the service started. After two more songs, Leta picked up her handbag and made her way to the front door, smiling, nodding, and waving goodbye to her church members as she left. Usually, she would stay behind and mingle, catch up on the latest gossip. But today she had to leave as soon as possible, as she had to walk back to her apartment, alone, before night fell over the city.

Leta flew open the front door and immediately crawled into a ball, hugging her arms into her chest, as the cold winter air pierced through her clothes. She broke into a small jog, in an attempt to warm herself up. She thought it may be smarter to drive here next Sunday, even though the apartment is just a 20 mins walk away.

The nearer she got to the river, the colder it became. Out of breath, Leta stopped jogging, as she reached the footpath along the Brisbane River. It was darker than it would usually be at this time, which informed it may rain soon. Busy as ever, the streets roared. Some cars passed with their headlights already on, some buildings were already illuminating. Leta admired the various coats and scarves worn by the pass byers, winter fashion decorating the city. Her own coat was a beige-pink, complementing the white, knee-length dress she wore under it. 

Again, Leta concentrated on the sharp cold, which made the unmistakable warm presence just behind her, all too distinguishable

Again, Leta concentrated on the sharp cold, which made the unmistakable warm presence just behind her, all too distinguishable. She felt the warmth move to her right, as it wrapped around her wrist in a tight grip. Trying to assess the source, she felt it now brush past her, then in front. The existence that occupied her reverie since Thursday night, now walked in front of her, carrying himself as if he didn't have a tight grip on her wrist, where it now ached. He walked churlishly, dragging her behind him. Leta was filled with surprise to say anything and followed him serenely.

He led her down the footpath, before diverging from it, just briefly. Within seconds, he came to a halt, let go of her wrist and walked on a few more steps before stopping again. Leta jumped slightly at the thundering noise coming from above her and looked up to examine the cause. She realised then that they are standing right under the Victoria Bridge, covered away from the footpath. The noise is from the vehicles crossing the bridge.

Looking back, she saw that he's sat down, beside the river, casually looking over at it. Leta stood there, not knowing what to say, and wondered why she wasn't leaving. Still not looking at her, he patted the ground beside him. Knowing what he meant, she went and sat down next to him, putting her handbag down beside her. His arms were resting on his knees with his fingers intertwined, and he was still staring into the other direction from her. Feeling awkward, she looked the other way. "Umm, about that night, I.. UHH", Leta whisper screamed as she felt herself being lifted. 

Before she knew it, he had her sitting across his lap

Before she knew it, he had her sitting across his lap. Leta let out heavy breaths and heard low chuckles coming from him. "What about that night?", he asked with narrowed eyes. Before she could answer, he seized her lips, grazing his tongue along them. He held her by her waist and deepened the kiss, slowly invading her mouth until they were in sync. Leta had no thoughts in her mind as she continued to kiss back. She moved her hand to his cheek, only to have it immediately moved by him, and pinned behind her. He moved her other hand behind her too and pinned her wrists together before breaking the kiss.

She let out an annoyed moan but was excited again when he unbuttoned the top of her dress. Exposing her cleavage and her black, lacy bra, he let out a low groan. Turning her torso more towards him, he kissed her chest and neck convulsively. Leta was breathless again as anticipation filled her. He trailed kisses on the top of her breasts, before moving his hand to them, his other hand still holding her wrists behind her. He lowered her bra and took one nipple in his mouth, as his thumb pinched her other nipple. With insurmountable pleasure coursing through her, Leta threw her head back.

Still kissing her chest and breasts, he moved his hand to her thigh, gliding it up her dress, slowly, deliberately. Taking in this movement, she thanked herself for shaving that morning, as he slid his hand into her panty. She knew she was already wet and wanted to feel his fingers down there so bad. He was still being callous in his way of touching her and this frustrated her. "Please", she grunted out and felt him laugh into her breast. Kindly, he wasted no more time before pressing his fingers onto her clit. Leta gasped in pleasure. He only pressed lightly and caressed her clit in an up and down motion. She bit her lip as moan after moan escaped her.

With her head still thrown back and her eyes closed, she heard the sound of rain as a light shower glazed the city. The wind gushed, carrying water particles with it that patterned her bare chest as it brushed past her. She smiled at the feeling. The cold only added to the pleasure that exceeded her reverie. She moved her hips forward and humped vaguely, hoping he would press firmer. Amazingly, he did. He pressed down with force and a grunt escaped her. He bit her nipple, and all the feelings were too much for her to take. Her efforts to struggle free her wrists proved futile against his tight grip. Even if she could get free, she wondered if she wanted to take his fingers away from her or press them onto her even more.

Dane could not get enough of her and continued to kiss, lick and bight her chest. He pulled back from torturing her chest to look down at his work, pressing her clit even more, moving his fingers in a circular motion now. She moved her head back up, still writhing under his touch. He smirked at her as their eyes met and saw her blush. He moved his finger down her clit, to her entrance. Feeling her wetness, he pressed two fingers at her entrance, but stopped himself as she let out a low scream "ahhh... please, sorry, it hurts". His eyebrows creased and he looked upto her, as realisation dawned on him. There is only one reason why this could hurt her and why she could be this tight, "you're a virgin?", he asked accusingly. "I.. I.. well, I just...", she blushed even more and looked down. Unable to hold himself back, he immediately claimed her lips. All Dane could think about now was making her completely his. There is no way he would let someone else have her. Although, he couldn't figure out why he wanted her so much. He withdrew his hand from her panty and pulled away from the kiss. Looking at his glistening fingers, Dane chuckled. "Here", he held his fingers near her mouth. She took each of his fingers in her mouth, sucking them clean.

Hoisting her up, Dane sat her back down beside him. "Where are you staying?" he asked, concealing his knowledge. "At the Regency", Leta replied, still breathless. "Alright, I'll see you soon little one", Dane kissed her forehead and set off into the rain.