Chapter 6 : Wedding Shopping

Start from the beginning

Rishi luckily got the place for parking the car. They first went shopping for sarees. Benaras has a lot many shops especially for Benarsi sarees but very few of them give original pieces at the right prices. They went to their known shop for getting sarees. His mother first started selecting for Rashmi. 

The salesman started showing sarees. Out of all the colorful sarees, Rishika liked one black benarsi sari for her. To this, her mother took two more colors of the same pattern and kept them in front of her. 

She said "Beta, she is soon going to be the bride. This color is totally inappropriate for her. You can gift either red or blue one."

Rishika got what she meant and selected the red-colored one for her

Rishika got what she meant and selected the red-colored one for her. Her mother was happy with her choice. She also selected a few sarees for Rashmi and then picked some for herself for wearing on different wedding occasions.

While picking for herself, her attention was grabbed by a bright green Benarsi saree. She asked the salesman to take out that saree from the shelf. Rishika asked,

"Ma, you already have a lot many green Benarsi sarees then why again this one..?"

Her mother chuckled and said, "This is not for me sweety, this one is for your Bhabhi..."

Rishi said hurriedly, " Ma, you know

Rishi said hurriedly, " Ma, you know... I'm not marrying to marry now, then what's the need of all these things..?"

She said, "Beta, I know that very well but that doesn't give you the right to stop me purchasing for my bahu."

She took the saree and said, "This saree will be perfect for my Bahu. Pack this too!'' She ordered the salesman.

Rishi said in a doubtful tone, "Ma, what if she doesn't like the color..?"

His mother laughs and said, "This color is the symbol of being Suhagaan. She will surely love it."

Rishi could not argue more as he knows well that it is not easy to convince her mother, once she had made up her mind for something. After these, they went for buying suits for Rishika. They went to a Boutique. 

Rishika selected some heavy Anarkali suits for herself

Rishika selected some heavy Anarkali suits for herself. Her mother suggested, "Beta, you should also have one lehenga for the wedding function."

She said, "....but Ma, I m not so comfortable in them." 

Her mother said, "Still have one, we are going to attend Biradari's marriage, beta."

She selected one for Rishika of her own choice. Rishi asked, "Ma let's go, all shopping is done na.?"

She smiled and said, "No beta, How can I leave your shopping..? Whole Biradari is going to ask your hands from me."

They headed to Men's section for getting Rishi's outfits. They shopped sufficient Rishi's attires. Then, they also bought some more formals and casuals as he is going to stay in Noida. His mother also not forgot to shop for his father. Later, after finishing shopping, the trio went directly home as Rishi has to leave before 9 pm. 

Thereafter reaching home, Rishi did his final packing. He got freshen up and had a light dinner. Soon, he took the blessings of his parents and hugged his little sister, and got into the car. 

If you liked the chapter, make sure you at least vote and comment to share your views.