PʀOᴍɪSᴇ ᴍE

Day was coming to a halt

Day was coming to a halt. Aura of the sun rays could be felt in the room. The sun was setting down, shielding behind the clouds that were vary of any darkness and the hue was beautifying the sky. Immense silence. Engrossed in his deep brown orbs, my eyes wavered for a glint of honesty.

A glance at the window could tell that the darkness was hazy and the ferocity was unworthy.

The clock struck past seven, evicting evidence of the dawn. Maybe, someday, my worries, agony, and concerns will too come to an end, just like the sun did. I smiled inwardly at the thought.

There was quietness personifying the room. The stillness sent me chills through every etch of my body. I feared what I was about to hear.

He was hushed and I too decided not to speak. The atmosphere of the room was getting intense and tension was the only emotion I thrived for.

"I have something to tell you." He spoke as I was immersed in my thoughts, awaiting to hear what has been hidden from me.

"Y..yea. Go ahead." My voice was feeble and I knew he got a glimpse of that.

"I did something which might upset you, but please just hear me out." This is where I felt ants crawling on my skin.

His statement made me doubt his intention. After what I had gone through it's thoroughly difficult to have the slightest bit of trust for any being.

What is so dreadful that might upset me? Like I am already upset with several burdens roaming freely on my head and here he comes with another bad news.

Blatantly, I eyed him as he tried to speak further.

"I..um...I actually reported-"

"REPORTED WHAT?" I immediately interrupted him, startling up from my posture. Frowning and trembling, I looked at him with the hope that he wouldn't break my trust.

This time I didn't verbalize any syllable. My silence was pouring enough guilt upon him and I could capiche that through his sweaty eyes.

The adhan of maghrib bolted me up. It was a tense situation that came to a relaxing station. We both were quiet for moments.

He finally decided to not speak and just leave me in amazement. I couldn't say anything as it's considered a sin to converse while the adhan is heard. Neither could I get my answer nor could I stop him.

He just abandoned the room, shutting the door behind him, without vocalizing anything. Not a glance was exchanged between us. Leaving me desolated. This time with questions.

I tutted aggressively, biting my lips harshly. Convincing my fragile dark orbs to not flow any flood.

I glared out of the window. The sky was almost dark. Shades of orange, blue, and red were flaring but also getting darker. I kept standing there visualizing the view, but then I firmly looked up at the sky. The thought bounced in my brain. The thought that only God has the answers to my questions.