12 | Why Salt!?

It was the day after the USJ attack. Fortunately, school had been closed today for everyone to recharge. Though, Kenji was wondering if one day was enough to recharge the Ninth. "You good kid?"

Yasushi looked over to find Izuku shoving an empty spoon in his mouth, combined with the dark circles and eyelids that look very tempted to seal shut permanently. He raised a brow as he waited for Izuku's response.

Inko looked towards her son with concern as he mumbled, "Yeah...Just didn't sleep the best."

An understatement really. He felt like he didn't get any sleep. Especially with another one of those dreams.

─── ・ 。゚☆: .☽ . :☆゚. ───

Stars scattered across the night sky as Riku stood under the glow of a full moon; he turned to face the older in search of advice.

The hooded figure huffed as he placed his arms on the metal railing in front of them, "I cannot tell you who to pick. Nor did I tell Aki or Emi. I can only guide and suggest, because who you pick will be your successor." The man turned his gaze away from the stars above and onto the Third wielder, "Aki chose Emi for many reasons revolving around their love. Emi chose you, not because I had brought you to her, but because of your aspiration. Your goal. Your dream inspired her and her dream."

Riku rubbed the back of neck, "It's not much-"

A few small tufts of turquoise hair poked out as he chuckled, "No, no. It's very admirable. Teaching future generations, inspiring them, guiding their pathways? It's a very noble profession. Combined with your passion to show the good of quirks? It's incredible, even if the laws may be against it."

Riku took a stumble back, his eyes wide and alert.

The zeroth holder smirked, "I had only intended to check in on you, but then I see seven children leaving your home while they whispered about how 'amazing Rikukun is!', that 'he's the best teacher ever!' and how they're 'gonna practice their quirks a million times just to show Rikukun that they could do definitely do it!'." The older man observed Riku's prideful eyes, before continuing, "To be doing this on top of everything else... How many of them have you been teaching?"

Riku looked deep in thought for a moment before making eye contact with his predecessor, "Currently, nineteen. A few come and go whenever they please."

Zeroth hummed, "That's expected. Not all of them can simply go wherever they please. It must be hard for them. Since it's hard for people with quirks to have an education, have you been teaching the basics as well as quirk counseling?"

"Languages, math, history. Anything that could be of help." Riku joined his friend and leaned on the railing.

Bright turquoise eyes met with Riku's own, "I assume this aim spiraled off of Aki and Emi?"

Riku frowned, deep in thought, as he turned to look at the nature surrounding them. Aki and Emi had lived hard lives. Being born when quirks had only just begun to appear made the couple suffer even harsher terms.

Emi had been thrown out of her family from a young age, and only once she had met Aki's family, had she received any proper education.

Riku was quite the same. New laws had been placed by the time he was ten, restricting quirk users to ridiculous degrees. Even if his family's quirks didn't cause any abnormal physical traits, there were eyes everywhere .

Thankfully he had been found by the Zeroth wielder and was brought to Emi who helped raise and teach Riku everything she had ever learned. He can still remember running home every night to teach his younger brothers all that he learned from the Second wielder that day.