3 | UA Results Cause Too Much Stress

Katsuki wasn't surprised to see Deku standing at the gate of UA. Of course the idiot would try to take the exam without a quirk.

"Tch, Deku, watch it!" he spat.

Katsuki expected a useless 'good luck' but instead the moron was staring at empty space. Almost like he'd seen a ghost or something.

In the auditorium, Katsuki was questioning the nerd's odd and irritating behavior. Yes, he expected annoying, incoherent words flowing out of the nerd's mouth. But about the exam or the pro hero over there. Not... whatever that was.

"Why... are you all still here?" Deku muttered, "...So, you're all...? ...How? I wasn't told of this? ...So, I would be the... Wait, why did you call me—"

Thankfully some stuck-up extra shut Deku up, though Katsuki would have preferred if he'd done it himself. Deku was definitely being weirder than usual; with all that mumbling, there was no way the nerd was paying attention to Present Mic.

Katsuki had pushed those thoughts aside at the time, but after the exams, he noticed the nerd staring at the ground, kicking a leaf with a slump to his shoulders. That was... unusual. Not that Katsuki cared. It was just out of character, for Deku. He's always so... chirpy.

Then Deku looked at a bush and said, "Let's talk, when we get home, I don't need people looking at me like I'm talking to thin air again..."

Too late for that, weirdo. Tch.

And if Katsuki was a little concerned about Izuku's glumness or his... mental stability... No one needed to know.

Bakugou Katsuki was only stressed for his own results, of course. Not any useless Deku's results. Of course.

─── ・ 。゚☆: .☽ . :☆゚. ───

"Kid, you sure like All Might. " Kenji chuckled, only a little surprised at the massive amount of merchandise.

Izuku's ears were burning red. The eight of them were currently in his expressive bedroom.

"Yo, it's not just All Might, look at all these sketches and posters! You're really good at art, ya know!" Isamu pointed towards an open sketchbook on his desk.

It was true, Izuku had something for almost every hero. "Well, each hero is unique..."

"I believe we have a lot to discuss," Aki started, drawing everyone's attention. "Somehow, Izuku is able to see us."

" Yo, not just see, I was able to actually touch him!" Isamu clarified.

"Same with me, when I went to touch Izuku's shoulder, I actually felt it." Emi then turned to Izuku, "Dear, did you also feel the contact?"

It had felt like a breeze of cold air on his shoulder, he remembered.

Izuku nodded eagerly, "Yeah! I was thinking about it all day. Honestly, I really want to find out the limits of... whatever this is."

"I believe that's a good idea."

After a good half-hour of experimenting, they'd determined that the spirits could make physical contact with Izuku and any object that wasn't heavier than a pen.

" Kid, this is awesome! Your-" Riku stopped Kenji, putting a hand on his shoulder. He cocked his head at a quiet Izuku, who'd started to shrink in on himself.

"Hey, green bean, what's wrong?" All of the spirits were concerned. The boy was completely fine a few moments ago.

"Sorry... it's just the exam. I don't think..." Izuku mumbled, eyes averted to the ground.