40. I'm All Yours

Start from the beginning

"No, we need to." She spoke. "I don't want them left in there, still damp and freezing." She didn't want them left in the state they were in, and I could understand where she was coming from. They were still her friends, her pack, and no one wants to see their friends and family locked up, freezing and filthy.

I nodded. "I can have Josephine prepare lodgings for them in a few of our spare cabins. They'd have food, baths ready and some clothes to change into." Her mood instantly lifted, and it made it so, so worth it. "But," I emphasised the word, "the females will have one cabin, but the males will be completely isolated and I'm not removing the silver cuffs. They'll also have each cabin surrounded by warriors, too, though Ezlyn's warriors will keep an eye on the females."

"Of course, I understand." She felt a lot lighter now, knowing they wouldn't be left in the cells for much longer, though I personally wanted Reagan to stay a day longer just for daring to accuse me of hurting Asmara, but I wouldn't stoop so low.

"Then it will be done by tonight."

She grinned and pressed up onto her toes, pressing her lips to mine. I breathed in the vanilla scent of her, the delicious aroma that etched itself into my mind. It made everything I did to make her happy incredibly worth it.

When she finally pulled back, she asked, "Can we go inside now? It's chilly out here."

I laughed. "Come on then, princess. Let's go home."

✨🌗✨

- Asmara

Torben did everything he said he was going to do.

Reagan had been put in his own personal lodgings where new clothes and a bath was waiting, though Desmond reported he refused to use anything that was offered. I'd have to visit him again at some point, perhaps tomorrow. He still needs a while to calm down and a clear mind, where we could revaluate our circumstances, would be best. If he didn't want to take anything that was offered, then that was his choice.

Morgan and Tessa took full advantage of the bath and extra clothing. And from Ezlyn's reports, the two females had quite a mouth on them. They had been giving the female warriors all kinds of abuse. On my orders, and to the annoyance of the warriors who wanted to give them a taste of their own medicine, none of them could harm them.

And Tate walked straight into his lodgings and fell asleep, from what I knew he was still sleeping. I couldn't blame him. They were all exhausted and I still felt guilty about it.

Even if they all despised me right now, I felt lighter knowing they weren't stuck in those grimy cells, with that awful smell of rot and blood.

It was bad for their health.

Torben gave me a glass of that wine I loved and sat next to me of the sofa. "I think you need the good stuff tonight."

I nodded and took a sip. "Rightly so"

Torben had done his best to distract me today, he took me around the boarder with him, ensuring they were secure and that there were rogues on every weak point of the pack. We made sure there was no weak spots where enemies could sneak past the boarder unnoticed.

With more and more days passing since Draven's threats, everyone was growing more and more wary.

We had to move soon. The next few days we planned to push forward and reach out for an alliance with my father.

Just imagining how he'd react, how angry he would be with me, made me sick to my stomach.

Would he hate who I'd chose to become?