Chapter 15

Emrys had never been able to comprehend how people could ever have fun at parties.

The fact that he had been forced to attend every party Uther had gone to since he lived with him and had to see the king get drunk and eat while he stood in the sideways remaining quiet enough to not be noticed might had something to do with it.

However, this time, he actually had something worth celebrating.

Arthur was at the banket table, laughing loudly alongside Percival at something Kai had said. Emrys on the other hand, was sitting in a far corner. Mostly out of his own volition because Arthur always insisted on having him seated on the main table. Morgana was in the dance floor, her hand barely gracing Lancelot's as they moved to the rhythm of the music.

She had returned. After almost four years of knowing nothing about her, she was back in Camelot. A part of him could never conceive how anyone would have any desire to go back to Camelot even after Uther had died to do anything else than spit in the dead king's grave. Another, a far more selfish part of him he didn't want to admit existed was glad she had returned if it meant he now had the reassurance she was fine. At least one of them had managed to get out and turn out alright because of it.

The music stopped, and Morgana took a step away from Lancelot, the knight took a courteous bow and kissed her hand. There was something in her eyes that made Emrys want to laugh. She turned in his direction and after waving a quick goodbye to Lancelot, who parted with a reverence, she walked towards Emrys.

"Oh my, if it isn't the court's appointed sorcerer." she smiled, standing in front of him. He stood, "How honored am I that he has graced my welcoming party?" she put a hand in her chest, voice filled with drama.

"I suppose it is time for me to part, now that I have made my presence here recognizable for the honored woman." Emrys mumbled.

"And leave my party without dancing? Never, I'll take it as a great offense."

"There hasn't been anyone willing to dance with me." he shrugged. Protocol indicated that men had to be the ones to invite women, and even if someone had invited him, he would have refused.

Morgana rose an eyebrow, "Maybe if you had invited someone, and didn't look if you had a serpent running your insides, then you would have been dancing with someone."

"The serpent in my insides and me are quite happy here," Emrys scoffed, Morgana rolled her eyes.

"Then you and your serpent can't leave without dancing at least one piece with me, I am the honored woman after all, and the king's sister." She put a hand in her chest, her face taking a prideful expression. "And I won't take a no for an answer."

This time, it was Emrys who rolled his eyes, a smile twitching in his lips "Why don't you dance with the pretty knight again?"

"Lancelot?" Morgana and Emrys glanced in the knight's direction, only to see him talking with a woman. "Well, he is good looking, but right now, I need a familiar face, even if its one with beard."

"I'm sure there are many more men willing to battle each other for the opportunity to dance with you."

Emrys pointed at a small group of men who seemed to stare at Morgana with interest. Morgana glanced in their direction, as if she refused to give them any more attention than that.

"They more so want to confirm the rumors they have made up about my departure." She sighed with defeat. Emrys could agree why that was truth, however, as a bystander he could also see what other reasons they would have for looking at her with ease. Morgana was beautiful. her curly hair in an updo, with a few curls framing her face. She was wearing a yellow dress and she seemed to have an endless smile. "What I've heard so far is a child, a plot to kill Uther, and other says I'm verifying the terrain to lead an army of enemies against Arthur, now that I think about it, you haven't asked where I've been these past years."