ㅤㅤ⁰²⁸: i'm done for

En başından başla

He shot her a confused look, that made her rush up to him.

"No–No, of course I want these things." She gestured, before placing them on her accent table. "What I mean is this, this type of relationship... where every time we have an argument, you feel like you have to give me something. I know that we come from families, where this is normal, but..."

She looked down at the ground, and before he caught himself, he asked, "But what?"

"I don't want you to cheat on me and then think it's okay because you get me a pearl necklace after."

"Hanae–"

"It's the truth." She cut him off. "You know how things are with people like us... with high society."

"You are my everything, I would never do that to you."

"You did it with her!" She snapped. "And you did it now, when we're twenty, look at me. Look at me!" She stepped away from him. "You said I was beautiful right?"

He shook his head.

"You're perfect."

Her face fell for a fraction of a second, and she looked down at the ground, her eyes wide with realization.

"That's worse then, because if I'm 'perfect', and I still can't keep you from screwing the help," She looked up at him. "Then I'm done for."

Hanae nearly fell back onto Kyoya by how aggressively Valerie Swann hugged her, as she yelled, "Hanae, I've missed you so much!"

"I've missed you too," Hanae forced a smile on her lips before she turned to greet her father. "Pleasure to see you too Mr.Swann."

"It's a pleasure to see you too Mrs.Ootori and–"

"Alright that's enough with the formalities!" Valerie sang before dragging Hanae away onto the white sofa.

The rest of the night Hanae tried to listen to the deal Valerie's father was trying to strike with Kyoya, but as Valerie always did she took complete control of Hanae's attention for the entire afternoon.

Valerie continued until they finished dinner and all of them stepped into the drawing-room to continue the conversation.

"The second my parents said they were going to come visit Ootori, I had to come along. I'm glad you're okay,"

Hanae's smile faltered for a second, "Why wouldn't I be okay?"

"Well, after what happened with your brother..." She said, genuine confusion flashing in her violet eyes.

"What... What happened to Akise?"

"Are you for real? Everyone's talking about it back home, Renge called off their engagement."

She was about to speak, her lips had already parted, but she didn't get the chance to ask anything, because she heard a voice that made her blood run cold.

Her mind spun and she couldn't focus on a single thought until she felt Kyoya's hand grab her own.

"Hanae," His voice was barely above a whisper. "I know you're upset with me, but you can't be rude to our guests."

She could only shake her head as he helped her stand up, but she couldn't bring herself to turn around.

It was Hideo, she knew it.

She didn't even turn around to face the man before she tried bolting out of the room, but in her haste to leave her heels–her stupid heels–slipped the second her foot landed on the tile, and that's how her head slammed against the corner of the coffee table, and the sheer force made black spots appear in her vision.

"Hanae!" She heard her husband's voice call out to her, as he lifted her off the ground.

She took a shaky breath and her stomach sank when she saw a pair of familiar blue eyes in front of her.

"Hid–"

"Are you alright, Mrs.Ootori?" Hideo asked as if he wasn't the love of her life, as if she didn't want to run into his arms in that exact instant.

Hideo gave her a pleading look and she was shell-shocked, she could hear Kyoya's voice next to her, but she couldn't make out what he was saying.

He sounded so distant, it all felt distant.

Even through her incoherence, she could still see Kyoya's eyes linger a second too long on Hideo.

But when she looked back into Hideo's eyes, it felt as if it were only her and him in the room, and it felt as if there were a string pulling her towards him, but her husband's arm tugged her back into reality and she wordlessly fell backwards onto him.

"I sincerely apologize to all of you." Kyoya said helping her up. "I think it's best we continue this tomorrow, you're welcome to stay the night if you'd like Mr.Swann." He turned to Hideo a small frown on his lips. "We can continue or conversation tomorrow, Uchida."

Hanae's eyes locked with Hideo's as Kyoya led her out the drawing room and towards the stairs, where he carried her up, despite her protests, and then to her shock brought her into his own room.

"I'm–I'm fine." She mumbled, but she didn't have the energy to fight as he laid her down on his bed.

"What happened, Hanae?" He began taking off her heels and she shook her head.

"Nothing." She lied, her face already heating up.

Hideo was downstairs.

Hideo was downstairs, while she was upstairs in bed with her husband.

He took off his own shoes and began unbuttoning his shirt. "Do you know–"

Before he could finish his sentence, she yanked him down towards her and pressed her lips against his own.

His words were lost against her mouth as she climbed on top of him, desperate to shut him up, desperate to not have him question her.

His hands went to unzip her dress and she shuddered when she felt his warm hands against her back, if it was due to guilt or please she didn't know.

And as Kyoya pinned her down on his bed, she couldn't help the image of Hideo's worried eyes flashing in her mind.