Ride With Me: Our Start

Start from the beginning

She was now waiting at the stop for the early bus again. Jennie sulked as she got on and sat down at one of the seats in the back.

"Finally." A voice behind Jennie whispered, scaring her.

"AHHHhhhhhuh???" She turned around, holding her chest for her eyes to land on the girl rubbing her neck nervously.

"Sorry, didn't know you would get scared that easily." She smiled at Jennie.

Sitting at the seat behind Jennie was the girl she had been looking for all these days.

Jennie watched as she gave her a smile, and asked permission to sit beside her.

"I'm Jisoo. Kim Jisoo."

Jisoo and Jennie...hmm...

SooJen? Jensoo?

She came back from her thoughts to look at Jisoo who stared at her expecting her name.

"OH! Jennie Ruby Jane Kim!" She rapped out in excitement.

What the hell, Jennie? She asked for your name, not a whole report!

Jennie's embarrassment melted away as Jisoo gave her a hearty laugh. She didn't fail to notice how her mouth formed a heart every time she smiled.

"Well it's nice to meet you, Jennie Ruby Jane Kim." Jisoo teased, wanting to deepen the blush on her face.

"I don't have a middle name but I would love to go by Jisoo Turtle Rabbit Kim." Jennie smiled at Jisoo's attempt to lessen the awkwardness.

"I've been looking for you, actually."

Jennie felt her heart race up as those words left Jisoo's mouth.

Is this my main character moment?

Jisoo was digging through her pockets for something as Jennie tried not to float away.

"Here you go." Jisoo held up a keychain to Jennie's face.

Huh?

Jennie took a good look at it before quickly checking the front of her bag.

Sure enough, her Kuma keychain was missing.

"It was stuck onto my zipper. I just wanted to return it and if possible ask you-"

Cutting Jisoo off, Jennie quickly grabbed the keychain and thanked her before rushing off the bus in embarrassment.

I really thought she was here for me. Stupid keychain!

Jennie was sulking as she was walking to school, since she had got off at the wrong stop in a rush.

"JENNIE!"

A voice yelling her name interrupted her thoughts. She turned back to see Jisoo running towards her.

Surprised, she stood there waiting for her to catch up to her.

"Why...did...you get...off...before I...finished?"

Jisoo was bent over, trying to catch breath from running all the way here.

"Sorry..." Jennie wasn't sure why she was chasing after her.

She thanked her again and started to walk away, only for Jisoo to hold onto her wrist, stopping her.

She turned back to see Jisoo smirking at her.

"Don't I get a reward?" Her voice made her heart again.

A reward for finding a keychain?

"I only have $15-"

"No thanks." Jisoo bluntly stated.

"I'm not sure what you wa-"

"I would like a date with the pretty girl with the cute dog keychain..." Jisoo grinned.

"...if she's single, that is." Jisoo spit out quickly seeing Jennie's unsure expression.

She gave Jennie her heart smile, basically giving her a heart attack.

"You want a date?" A bewildered Jennie asked.

Jisoo nodded.

"With me?"

Jisoo aggressively nodded again.

"Of course, you're allowed to decline! If that's what you're worried about..." Jisoo's smile faltered .."but if you don't want to, I promise I would be a great date!"

"NO!" Jennie shouted, surprising both of them.

"I mean...I just don't get why..."

"I'm not sure to be honest..." Jisoo saw how Jennie's face fell.

"I don't know why I have been waiting from 6 am to take this bus for days in hopes you would be here with the excuse of returning a keychain.. "

"I can't say I like you yet, I don't even know you! So, I would like to fix that issue if you would let me." She ended.

Jennie smiled as she watched the girl in front of her, nervously fiddle with her hands.

"I'm free this Saturday." Jisoo's head shot up, her nervous smile vanishing off.

She quickly thanked Jennie and bowed as she handed Jennie her phone, asking for her number.

Jennie giggled and put in her number.

They walked to her school together, as Jisoo offered to walk with her.

When they reached, Jennie stalled going in to stay beside Jisoo.

"So...."

Jisoo smiled at how cute Jennie looked.

"I think you should go in now, Jendeukie."

"Jendeukie?"

"Mhm. It's like you're stuck to me." Jisoo laughed as Jennie smiled out of embarrassment.

"I'll see you on Saturday."

Jisoo waited for Jennie to go in before running to her school a few blocks away.

They both spent the whole day thinking about their date tomorrow.

Spring had just started for them.

______________________

Imagine if Jensoo was called SooJen...