22. Happy Birthday.

"I need you to tell me everything. Now."

 So Andie did. She started from the last day of school, when she had first hung out with the Losers at The Barrens. Then, about that night, when she was first visited by the clown, then the next day at the quarry when they found out about the disappearance that occured in Derry through part of Ben's research. Then, of the morning next, when she was at Bill's and when they were fully educated on Derry's history. She told Linda about the next day, where they had gone to Beverly's and the group's confession about seeing the clown, then about her father's diary and the connection they had made. Lastly, of today's events; Bill's garage and the house on Neibolt Street. 

"Jesus Christ, Andie. Why didn't you tell me?" Linda sighed, pulling Andie into a hug. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 The next days had came to pass. The group of friends still hadn't spoken to one another, even Stanley and Andie. Andie had spent the days cleaning her garage alone and filling her time with things she used to before she met the Losers; writing and reading. Her birthday is in two days and she missed her friends, and Stanley. Occasionally, she would go into town and bump into Eddie on the streets of Derry, but he was always accompanied by his overbearing mother who sent a glare to Andie at every chance she could. She was more than glad that today, Stanley had came over. 

"Hey," Stanley smiled.

"Hi," Andie greeted. 

"I'm really sorry I hadn't called, I've been busy at the synagogue."

"Oh, no worries," Andie beamed. 

 Just as Stanley had been busy the days before, he was still occupied by it, giving him barely any time to see Andie which wasn't good for either of them. Though his days were busy, Stanley would call Andie every night to catch up on their day, though they mostly consisted of the same things. But it was the thought that counts. Plus, Andie and Stanley enjoyed their phone calls no matter how short or how long it was. As long as they could hear one another, with their voices that would mend tragedy.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 A new day had arrived, but it wasn't just any day. It was 12th July, Andie's birthday. She stood up from her bed and walked to the bathroom for her morning shower. Part of her was excited but another part was missing her friends and her father. This would be her first birthday without him and the thought of her day being spent alone without her friends to comfort her was just plain sad. She hadn't made plans with Stanley so who knows if he would even be able to see her. Especially since he has a lot on his plate with his Bar Mitzvah tomorrow. Then she thought of Beverly, who she hadn't even seen nor talked to since Neibolt. That was the case for the others, too. 

 Andie went to her closet and took out a mint colored sweater vest and a white short sleeve T-shirt to wear underneath, paired with a denim miniskirt. She didn't want to tie her hair up as she thought her waves and curls looked quite nice. She made her way down the stairs, the aroma of waffles flooded her nostrils. Just as she had expected, her mother stood over the kitchen counter with waffles and apple juice ready for the two.