5. Stealing Glances.

"Ben!"

"Andie, help," the rounded boy cried.

"Guys, come on, help me," Andie grunts, struggling to lift Ben. The rest of the boys rushed to the water and helped Ben to stand up. They went to their bikes, and helped him get up on Bill's bike.

"Wait, Andie, where are you g-g-gonna ri-ride?"

"Bill! He's literally bleeding! Just focus on getting him somewhere safe, Bill! Go!" She yelled in distress, biting her inner cheek. That was something she always did whenever she was anxious though she didn't have an awareness of it.

Noticing the worry in her eyes and demeanor, Stanley began, "Andie! You can ride with me! Come on!" Panicking, Andie rushed and climbed to the backseat of Stanley's bike.

Andie placed her arms around Stanley, feeling him tense up before relaxing again within the pan of a second. Once her arms were secure at his waist, he began cycling, trying to catch up with Bill. Stanley could feel her breathing on the back of his neck as she had buried her face in the crook of it, with tears of worry welling up at her eyes. Though Stanley knew it was not the time for this, he can't help but liked how she had her arms around his waist, feeling comfortable enough with him to have done that despite only knowing each other for the shortest of time.

Andie was worried for her friend. Her mind kept thinking of his pain and she can't help but tear up. Focused on saving her friend, she hadn't realized that Stanley was speaking to her, "Andie? Are you okay?" he asked in a low tone.

"Yeah, just worried. Thanks for asking, Stan," she sniffled.

 She looked up to him, recognizing the look in his eyes as focus, focus to get to Ben for her sake as soon as possible, focus to bring ease to her fractured heart. Of course, she only assumed it was focus to arrive faster. Andie had no idea where they were going but she didn't want to look ahead and see Bill's bike with Ben injured at the back. Instead, she went to lean her head back again in the crook of Stanley's neck, finding comfort in it. Comfort she didn't think was possible with someone she had only known for such a short time.

She understood better than anyone that this was definitely not the time for foreign feelings but she just couldn't help it. She hugged Stanley tighter and breathed in his scent. Lucky for her, he wasn't stenched with the smell of the greywater from the Barrens but he had a smell of vanilla and lavender. It was calming to her and she smiled into his neck. He felt the tingle and movement of the girl and smiled.

 She looked to him, her chin still resting on his shoulder, and admired everything she could about him. His eyes wore a fearful expression yet it was scattered with blooming flowers, happiness surrounding it's edges. His skin was pale and flawless. It looked soft, like silk. Andie had a thought of touching it but quickly pushing it away. He had lips of soft pink, and hydrated too. His curls stood on his face, bouncing as he cycled. She kept staring, praying he wouldn't notice. Looking at him felt like looking at a meadow full of tulips that wore soft colors. Looking at him felt wondrous.

"He's gonna be okay, Andie," Stanley comforted, stealing glances at the brown haired girl.

"I know, wonderboy," she tried to laugh but failed as worry hits her.

"Why do you call me that?"

"It's only the second time," she defended in an accused tone.

"I know. But why?"

"Well, maybe I think you're wonderful."

"You don't even know me," Stanley sighed.

"True, but maybe I want to."