13. Don't Crash, Wonderboy.

"Well, yeah. It's very pretty."

"So are you."

 Stanley was in disbelief at himself. He knew he was never the confident type of guy, and he certainly thought he could never compliment a girl he barely knew but here he was. His body froze at his own words upon seeing the same expression on the girl's face. She took a deep breath and glanced to her feet before looking up to him once more. She opened her mouth to speak but found no words at the tip of her tongue. Stanley was worrying internally as he thought he had made her uncomfortable and if she was, there's a chance she won't want to hang out with him and the group anymore. That was a thought he didn't want to think. He loved his friends but sometimes they can be too much for him. Mostly, he just enjoyed having her aorund these past few days and he knew the others did too. 

 Andie was nowhere near uncomfortable. Shock? Yes. Uncomfortable? Certainly not. She could feel her body tense up but only because she didn't think someone like Stanley could ever deemed her pretty. Her heart fluttered at his words and she tried to say something but no words could be conjured at the moment, leaving the two to stand in awkward silence, both unsure. She wanted to tell him that she thought he was pretty too, because he was. 

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make you uncomfortable," Stanley spoke, breaking the silence as he scratched the back of his neck, uncertain.

"No, it's okay. You didn't," the girl finally answered, giving a few nods as she conjured a grin. 

"Oh, okay," Stanley smiled of relief. 

Once again, there was silence in the air but it wasn't awkward, only comforting and sweet as the two looked at each other, still in disbelief. "Andie! Stan!" 

At the arrival of Bill's voice, the two were snapped out of their daze and began leaving the room and walking down the stairs. When they reached the living room, they said goodbye to Mr. Denbrough and went outside to meet Bill. "Andie, you can ride with me," Stanley spoke, causing both Bill's and Andie's head to turn. 

 Bill furrowed his eyebrows at Stan's offer but neither one could see, leaving Andie to take up on it. She muttered thanks before climbing to the backseat of his bike and wrapped her arms around him as she always did when riding on someone's bike. Stanley blushed at the girl's action despite having felt her arms around him before. He began biking off, following behind Bill. As they passed her house, Andie told Stanley that's where she lived so he'd know if he wanted to come over, which would be allowed. He nodded and continued looking forward, cycling when suddenly Bill stopped, causing Stanley to stop beside him as well.

"What's wrong?" Stanley asked.

"I-I just realized, I d-don't know where he lives," Bill stated, looking down, scratching the back of his neck.

"Oh, I know the way," Andie informed. 

 They continued their journey to the Hanscom Residence. The journey was quite long but they didn't mind it, especially Andie and Stan. The three friends cracked jokes, erupting laughter and joy, infecting the dull air with their happiness. Once their laughter settled down, Andie moved closer and Stanley felt the girl's arm tightened around him and her chin was rested on his shoulders. He took a glance to the girl, his lips nearing Andie's hair, and a grin crept up his face at the sight of her. She noticed him blushing and tilted her head so that it's in the crook of Stanley's neck.

"Don't crash, wonderboy," she teased, whispering in his ears.

 Stanley blushed more, gulping at how close the girl is with him but tried to focus on the street. Andie chuckled lightly at the sight of the flustered boy in her arms and closed her eyes for a second to focus on the sound of his breathing. The two can be seen blushing red by Bill, who sighed at their sight. Bill had been best friends with Stanley since they were kids and he can see that Stanley had developed a crush towards the Tyler girl despite barely spending time with her. He didn't know Andie that well, though he considered her a really good friend now. Therefore, he had no idea how she felt about Stanley. 

 Truth is, Bill wanted to know how she felt about him too. Much like his friend, Bill, too liked her, thought he knew not as much as Stanley because Bill also liked Beverly. Bill may be a little jealous at the sight of Stan and Andie laughing and having fun together but he wouldn't do anything about his feelings for her. It just sucked that he had to witness the two flirting with each other. So, describing Bill's feeling as glad when they arrived at Ben's house was an understatement. The three stopped at the front lawn as they saw Richie, Beverly, Eddie and Ben, all ready, just waiting for them. 

"Damn, Uris. First you got kissed, now that," Richie pointed to Andie's arms around Stan when they arrived. 

"Shut up, Richie," Stanley rolled his eyes, which made Andie chuckle lightly.