8- Conversations and the Beginning of the Strike

idk what i'm doing, please bear with me. 

Alicia and Electra were seated on a hill, getting a perfect view of the Telmarine castle. 

"I'm going to kill him." the mother growled. 

Of course she found out about Alicia losing control over her magic. 

Of course. 

And of course, she blamed it on Peter. 

Alicia denied it- even though it was partially the truth. 

"It isn't his fault, mum." the daughter shook her head. 

Electra had gotten old. She didn't want to live anymore, her desires to live had ended. 

Yes, she had a daughter, and yes she was a grandmother but she wanted to meet her husband. 

Her late husband. 

Every time she looked at Peter and Alicia, a pang went through her heart, knowing she wouldn't be able to experience that again. 

Plus, whenever she was called 'grandmother' she felt old. 

She'd contacted Aslan- after a lot of difficulty- and asked him if she could escape this life. 

Not surprisingly, he declined. 

"Wait till I return." his message had said. "Then, we can figure it out." 

When Electra had asked him when he'd return, he responded with a message that made her want to tear her hair out. 

"Patience, dear child." 

Back to the present. 

Alicia frowned as she saw the preparations being done for the raid. She was still too weak to join the battle, and that saddened her. 

She wasn't weak. 

She didn't want to sit like a bloody doll and watch as her friends and family risked their lives.

All because of her husband's stubbornness. 

And his ego, too.  

"I'm going to murder him, I don't bloody care he's the High King." Electra grumbled. 

Alicia sighed, her head in her mother's lap. They didn't look at each other- mostly because they didn't need to. When you've been around a person for 13 centuries, you don't need to look at them to know what expression they had. 

Like Alicia knew her mother was scowling. 

And Electra knew her daughter had a look of exasperation. 

"You want to, but you won't." Alicia muttered. 

Electra had been grumbling profanities and threats against Peter Pevensie the moment she found out about Alicia's. . .condition. 

The mother had a similar reaction when Alicia and Peter had told her that her daughter was pregnant. 

"It's not his fault." Alicia continued. 

"Not completely," Electra sighed, "but you do blame him." 

Her mother could read her like an open book. 

"Of course," the younger blonde nodded, "but it was my fault as well. I provoked him during the meeting with the castle, and I didn't tell him about the consequences of my magic." 

"Can you still use it?" 

Alicia stayed silent. 

"Alicia, can you still use your magic?" Electra looked at her, her eyes turning cold.